Shall we rant or shall we cheer ? (ISU)

NCHawker

Well I kept waiting for ISU to self destruct. They didn't. They're not a bad team.

Watching Iowa on offense can be maddening, but heck they scored 38 points.

Wadly 118 yards rushing, 4 catches 72 yds.

Butler strong physical as advertised.

Well I kept waiting for ISU to self destruct. They didn't. They're not a bad team.

Watching Iowa on offense can be maddening, but heck they scored 38 points.

Wadly 118 yards rushing, 4 catches 72 yds.

Butler strong physical as advertised.

I don't understand the reasoning. ISU is about even with Iowa past 20 years. Game could have gone either way. Heck of an exciting game against what is actually a nemesis as hard as it is for me to acknowledge that.

Rant: No way to sugarcoat giving up 38 points in regulation. ISUs offense only scored 28 against UNI.

Cheer: found a way to win on the road down 10 in the 4th quarter.

cyfans spent all game thread talking about the garbage, over rated defense of Iowa. We all know they didn't play well. cyfans are spending all post game talking about how great they played against a great Iowa defense. I'd rather be talking about what has to get better when we're 2-0 rather than trying to make things up in search of moral victories.

As far as Stanley goes the 6 overthrown deep balls he missed those by a mile. Take those away and he had a great game. Probably better qb performance than any last year. No doubt it's a drop off from a healthy CJ but 320 passing yards is nice to see in a Hawkeye game.

cyfans spent all game thread talking about the garbage, over rated defense of Iowa. We all know they didn't play well. cyfans are spending all post game talking about how great they played against a great Iowa defense. I'd rather be talking about what has to get better when we're 2-0 rather than trying to make things up in search of moral victories.

As far as Stanley goes the 6 overthrown deep balls he missed those by a mile. Take those away and he had a great game. Probably better qb performance than any last year. No doubt it's a drop off from a healthy CJ but 320 passing yards is nice to see in a Hawkeye game.
CJ never broke 300 in his entire career did he? I don't think he ever even threw for 4 TDs. This was a great performance by a young QB.

We shall rant.
Stanley can't throw a deep ball to save his life. DB's obviously have never seen a receiver in their life because they certainly can't find them. There was also a lot of very questionable call playing. I will take any win we can get but we have a lot of work to do. Good thing we play a High School team next week....errr... North Texas.

hope Lazard goes pro next year. Our pass defense looked really bad in this game, lucky we dont play IU this year

This game about killed me.
Frustrated beyond belief that our QB can overthrow multiple receivers on deep routes by 7-8 feet! Zero touch on his long balls, should be correctable, but KOK has his work cut out for him.
That said, call me impressed that our QB (with only one game under his belt) hung in there on the road and made the throws that count right when we needed them the most... + ZERO picks! That tells me he's a WINNER!
PS - God Bless Akrum Wadley!!

I concur.

Latest posts