seasons over lol

HawkeyeStout

People were insisting before and after the game NDSU was the real deal and now that Iowa lost to them (barely) the sky is falling. Doesn't make sense..

But regardless, the season is NOT over and people need to chill for real. Stop saying "Fire Kirk" ; "there goes our bowl chances" ; "Stanley should play from now on to prepare fro next year" ; "Doyle is overpaid" etc.....

Life is not over lol

forgot other quotes in the forum like "hire Brian Ferentz as HC immediately" and directly after "Brian Ferentz lost us the game" and my personal fav: "Beathard is brittle"

It's our ownfaultfor being pollarded about the hype. Last year was an 8-4 team that went 12-0. This years team is an 8-4 team that could win 6-9 games.
I actually agree with that. Just about everything fell our way last year, from overall schedule to single plays like Stave fumbling on the goal line... EVERYTHING seemed to fall in line... today they did the opposite... Karma i guess?

People were insisting before and after the game NDSU was the real deal and now that Iowa lost to them (barely) the sky is falling. Doesn't make sense..

But regardless, the season is NOT over and people need to chill for real. Stop saying "Fire Kirk" ; "there goes our bowl chances" ; "Stanley should play from now on to prepare fro next year" ; "Doyle is overpaid" etc.....

Life is not over lol

Got the feeling like 2010. High expectations and a 7-5 result.

Got the feeling like 2010. High expectations and a 7-5 result.
Maybe but I don't like to decide its a 7-5 season before it is actually a 7-5 season.. I still think this team has a realistic shot at winning each game left on this schedule. Not saying they will or that they don't have a lot to clean up, but its certainly possible and considering its only 3 games into a 12 game season, I'm certainly not ready to 'give up' like a lot of people seem to be on this forum.

Maybe but I don't like to decide its a 7-5 season before it is actually a 7-5 season.. I still think this team has a realistic shot at winning each game left on this schedule. Not saying they will or that they don't have a lot to clean up, but its certainly possible and considering its only 3 games into a 12 game season, I'm certainly not ready to 'give up' like a lot of people seem to be on this forum.

Not giving up just seen this before. Too many similarities to 2010. D on the field way too much in the two games that the opponet was worth a crap. Most of the 5 loses in 2010 were leads given up in the last quarter. D is giving up too many rushing and total offensive yards. If this staff wont try to out score the other team we are in trouble this year. There are too many warning signs already with this team to put your head in the sand and ignore them.

Life is not over lol

No one said life is over. The season is over...there is nothing Iowa can do, at all, that would get them into the Playoff. Nothing. We just got manhandled by a school with like 25% less scholarship players. And WE were the ones that got tired.

Unless they win the BIG championship, this season has ended today. If they lose next week we might not make it to .500.

This season is essentially over and the sad part is many of the players do not know it. You cannot lose a game like this if you have any aspirations of going somewhere big. It's over and blew it on NDSU.

I think we go 6-6 with a possibility of 5-7 now. It's going to unravel from here.

No one said life is over. The season is over...there is nothing Iowa can do, at all, that would get them into the Playoff. Nothing. We just got manhandled by a school with like 25% less scholarship players. And WE were the ones that got tired.

Exactly, if you look at Iowa making the Playoffs as "the season" like I do, then the season is OVER! If you like going to some meaningless crap bowl, (basically anything other than a BCS equivalent) which would move the program forward than the season is almost over. Anything from Citrus bowl and below does not help us with recruiting or perception. It only fills airtime for ESPN/FOX?ABC and makes for a nice overpriced vacation.

The season isn't over. Just any meaningful outcome.

I've got no faith that our coaches and players improve. They just showed us who they really are today. No pride. No swagger.

"Poise and confidence, men." That's what Dick Vermeil used to say to his team. Whatever the opposite of poise and confidence is, this crew owns it.

Life is not over lol

I didn't feel one BIT comfortable driving to Iowa City Last night for this game from Minneapolis. I have many NDSU fans and this program is built to win Championships!! Not even one of my friends feared this game, in fact they looked forward to the opportunity and NDSU played the game the exact way.. Driving down was a sea of Green on the Road, the hotel lobbiy this morning was full of Green. Sadly even The buzz was different inside and outSide of Kinnick... Way to much visiting green for my liking.. Hey I get they travel but like I posted earlier Iowa fans were selling Tix on Stubhub for Dirt Cheap allowing the Bison to invade Kinnick Stadium..

Give credit it where credit is due. The Bison players and fans meant business.

I agree op, people are overreacting. The loss f-ing hurt, but it is what it is, the team is good overall and the schedule is weak.

I agree op, people are overreacting. The loss f-ing hurt, but it is what it is, the team is good overall and the schedule is weak.

I disagree completely. This loss just reflects a general downward trend. After NW last year our overall play started to slip. We were definitely banged up no doubt. We did just enough to win out and lost a tough battle in the title game. Maybe a little lucky Cook was playing with an injured throwing shoulder. Then we got pasted by Stanford in a game that was over in 1 play.

This season we opened with 2 awful football teams (0-6 with 2 FCS losses). Made Miami of Ohio look like a juggernaut. Today we brought an effort and execution level that would have easily repeated the Stanford game against anyone of that ilk. I just fail to see how this is going to be any better than 6-6. Heck it could be 5-7 if we slip up against anyone else like a Rutgers.

Kirk is back to old Kirk as we are showing zero creativity on either side of the ball and no sense of urgency or hunger like we did to open last year. Union cards are back in vogue. Back to playing it close to vest thinking we have a defense that fails to stop anyone?

Latest posts