Season Ticket Holders

bighawkeyedaddy

After the game, many fans sitting around us and almost everyone back at the tailgate on Saturday was talking about not renewing season tickets. Even if Iowa would have managed to pull out another last second win, the product is boring and as far as entertainment value, there are lots of other places to spend money to get more bang for your buck. So, who is strongly considering not getting tickets next year? I have two small kids that I could be spending time with on Saturdays rather than watching this paint dry ( I mean offense) run in circles (and 2 yard out patterns)and at this point it is really up in the air on if I am returning. Is anyone else in the same boat?

We are considering not renewing ours as well. The tailgating gameday atmosphere is still fun, but the enthusiasm around kickoff gives way to frustration and groaning because the offense is just pathetic and the defense is just boring to watch.

Add all that up and then look at the home schedule next year...it is BRUTAL. Illinois St, Pitt, North Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue. That has to be the most pathetic home schedule I can ever remember.

However, the 2016 schedule is pretty good, ISU, NDSU, Wiscy, Nebby, Michigan, NW. So we are considering hanging onto our tix for 2015 just to keep our seats/priority for 2016...sad as that sounds. 2017 has OSU and PSU coming to town, pretty boring other than that. Iowa needs a lot better non conference opponents.

I dont think you need to worry about getting tickets back if you give them up next year. They were still calling season ticket holders who didnt renew this year the week of the UNI game asking if they were sure they didnt want to renew.

If anything is the snoozer, I'd say the home schedule next year is it.

I will renew as I enjoy taking my family and friends to the games. And if nothing else, the tailgating will be fun.

Add all that up and then look at the home schedule next year...it is BRUTAL. Illinois St, Pitt, North Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue. That has to be the most pathetic home schedule I can ever remember.

7 wins, that's a great home schedule.

I have two small kids that I could be spending time with on Saturdays rather than watching this paint dry

This is sad. It seems like you are choosing a football game over your kids.

I have 2 little ones and keep my season tickets. I go to 2 home games a year and sell the rest. I always break even. So this year I am going to the Wisky and Nebraska games for free as I sold the other 5 games for exactly 800 bucks total.

I have 2 little ones and keep my season tickets. I go to 2 home games a year and sell the rest. I always break even. So this year I am going to the Wisky and Nebraska games for free as I sold the other 5 games for exactly 800 bucks total.

Holy cow, I can hardly give mine away let alone sell them above face value. Whoever you are selling to give me their # :D

Going to strongly consider passing on season tickets next year. The home slate is garbage. I will probably still come over and go to 4 games or so as tailgating is a blast, and would watch the games out at the tailgate. If I want I can always snag a ticket, next year they will be plentiful.

It is ok, I do plenty of stuff with them during the week. Like when I only make enough food for one of them to eat, then make them fight to see who gets it. And all those hours they spend sewing in my sweatshop so I can make enough side money to buy my season tickets brings memories we will never forget.

Go to the games OMG-its hard enough to sit on my couch with a refrig of cold brew and a fresh roll of TP down ther hall

Ask this question to people tailgating prior to the game you would get a completely different answer. Emotions from 1 half are playing too much of a factor in answers

My wife's father was at the game and sat in a group of long-time donors and he said they were all extremely upset with the staff and the program. His brother has been a season ticket holder for 20 years and is considering giving them up because of what Ferentz makes and the return on investment. Could be knee-jerk reactions but I've never heard that before from him or his brother.

We were told that we needed faster WRs so they went out and got them but we don't throw the ball down field. We have healthy RBs that can't find a hole to run thru. We have great TEs also. Offense is going backwards but yet look at our ticket prices.It's a shame that the fans show up every week and we don't have a home field advantage against anyone.You would of thought coaches would of realized we were going backwards after the Ball St game.My 3 tickets won't be renewed next year if something doesn't change, also the I-Club won't be getting any of my money.

Many will talk as if they are not renewing, but 99.9% will.
That was the case in the past but with the flat screen TV era people can stay home and enjoy games as well. A lot of season ticket holders are getting older and going to the game isn't as big of a priority as it once was. Especially when you have to donate for seats under the points system. Throw in a poor product and you'll certainly see people give up their season tickets.

That was the case in the past but with the flat screen TV era people can stay home and enjoy games as well. A lot of season ticket holders are getting older and going to the game isn't as big of a priority as it once was. Especially when you have to donate for seats under the points system. Throw in a poor product and you'll certainly see people give up their season tickets.

Totally Agree and stop giving to I-Club

It's definitely in my mind. $800 plus another $400 for donation level is fine if Iowa is good or at least not boring, but this offense is downright bad. Unimaginitive. Ineffective. Boring. If Davis doesn't go after this season it would be really hard to pony up again knowing that there was no hope.

Latest posts