Season Ticket Holders

It's definitely in my mind. $800 plus another $400 for donation level is fine if Iowa is good or at least not boring, but this offense is downright bad. Unimaginitive. Ineffective. Boring. If Davis doesn't go after this season it would be really hard to pony up again knowing that there was no hope.

We have 4 tickets. $1600 donation in total. Plus the cost of tickets. We lost our seats to some delta bravo who won't switch and let us sit with rest of our former group of 8 in a row. We made the call even after the Ball State miracle that this year is it and it had nothing to do with the ISU game. I haven't mentioned it yet on here, but I skipped going to the Iowa-Iowa State game to go to a NASCAR Nationwide race because I was almost certain we were gonna lose after what I saw against Ball State and I didn't want to sit next to some delta bravo while this went on (and I prolly had more fun tailgating there and loved being able to carry beers into the race with me).

The value simply isn't there when you have to drive 8 hours round trip to go and shell out that sort of coin, especially with the nanny state tailgating rules and steady diminution in atmosphere that has occurred over the years (maybe it's just as good and I'm just getting old, but I doubt it). Younger folks aren't showing up in the same numbers as they used to, either. The school is gonna find itself in a really bad spot unless this ship gets majorly righted. The extortionary tone they took with the reseating really rubbed me wrong and I could deal with another half dozen consecutive 4 win seasons, but I can't deal with (a) a bad team, (b) some moron Solon cop wanting to smell my bottle of water when I walk down Melrose, (c) sitting next to some delta bravo and (d) the attempted shakedown that led me to be stuck sitting next to said delta bravo.

We have 4 tickets. $1600 donation in total. Plus the cost of tickets. We lost our seats to some delta bravo who won't switch and let us sit with rest of our former group of 8 in a row. We made the call even after the Ball State miracle that this year is it and it had nothing to do with the ISU game. I haven't mentioned it yet on here, but I skipped going to the Iowa-Iowa State game to go to a NASCAR Nationwide race because I was almost certain we were gonna lose after what I saw against Ball State and I didn't want to sit next to some delta bravo while this went on (and I prolly had more fun tailgating there and loved being able to carry beers into the race with me).

The value simply isn't there when you have to drive 8 hours round trip to go and shell out that sort of coin, especially with the nanny state tailgating rules and steady diminution in atmosphere that has occurred over the years (maybe it's just as good and I'm just getting old, but I doubt it). Younger folks aren't showing up in the same numbers as they used to, either. The school is gonna find itself in a really bad spot unless this ship gets majorly righted. The extortionary tone they took with the reseating really rubbed me wrong and I could deal with another half dozen consecutive 4 win seasons, but I can't deal with (a) a bad team, (b) some moron Solon cop wanting to smell my bottle of water when I walk down Melrose, (c) sitting next to some delta bravo and (d) the attempted shakedown that led me to be stuck sitting next to said delta bravo.

OK4P telling the truth yo.

I think at most places where the tailgating is poor the seats would have been empty awhile ago. I think people know how I feel about kirk but Im not giving up my seats. I enjoy the tailgating twice as much as the game. The reseating made me think though. Now I got some chicago goober that sits behind me. He and his plump friend wont shut up. Dude tries to act like hes a baller one minute then the next hes talking about how easy it is to sneak his asian wife onto the train.

The good news is that if a bunch of current season ticket holders decide not to renew next season, Barta will raise prices on the ones that do. That way the bills still get paid and Barta/KF don't have to be accountable to anyone. Makes little difference to me as I stopped financial support after 2010. After saturday, I doubt I'll even watch the rest of the games on TV. I've got a lot of projects that need my attention this fall. 68' Riviera project. Building a house boat. Making some furniture. An old golf cart that needs some love. That could keep me busy for a whole year's worth of weekends.

O RLY? Iowa is hemorrhaging season ticket holders coming off a decent season. How many will jump after a bowl-less season which is where I expect the 2014 Hawkeyes to end up at.

Hemorrhaging? What was the drop in season ticket sales from 2013 to this year?

Holy cow, I can hardly give mine away let alone sell them above face value. Whoever you are selling to give me their # :D

It was easy this year. 100 bucks apiece for the ISU tickets to a friend and then I sold UNI, Ball State, Indiana and NU for 75 each by just posting them on Facebook. I had them all sold in less than 4 hours.

The key is dumping them in August when people are excited about the season.

Hemorrhaging? What was the drop in season ticket sales from 2013 to this year?
Not sure the exact numbers but 4 years ago Iowa sold out every game by July and they still have lots of tickets left for all games currently.

Student ticket sales were down by several hundred I remember Barta saying in the summer.

Not sure the exact numbers but 4 years ago Iowa sold out every game by July and they still have lots of tickets left for all games currently.

Student ticket sales were down by several hundred I remember Barta saying in the summer.

I know all this but Clonefromnorwalk said the hemorrhaging is from 2013 to 2014.

I think at most places where the tailgating is poor the seats would have been empty awhile ago. I think people know how I feel about kirk but Im not giving up my seats. I enjoy the tailgating twice as much as the game. The reseating made me think though. Now I got some chicago goober that sits behind me. He and his plump friend wont shut up. Dude tries to act like hes a baller one minute then the next hes talking about how easy it is to sneak his asian wife onto the train.

Nice!

Family has been a season ticket holder since 1981, and I have been a season ticket holder and donor since 1992, and attend both home and away games, and that will continue, am I frustrated at losing to ISU again of course!! Having a losing record against them during KF era is tough, since I grew up a fan during the Fry era and we beat them 15 years in a row.. Am I frustrated yes! But too many great memories with family and friends to stop supporting University of Iowa, the U of I has given my family not only a great education, and great careers, but a lifetime of fantastic memories at Iowa football games!!! I am frustrated for sure, but will be in Pittsburgh this Saturday ready too go and support this great institution.On Iowa and Go Hawks!!!

attachment.php

I checked on StubHub, and the secondary markets hasn't changed much since the game.
For now, demand is still here, but the next home game isn't for another 3 1/2 weeks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 76
I know I'm not going anywhere I mean how can I turn down not only the awesome football display on the field every Saturday but check this **** out-

In appreciation of your purchase of season tickets to the home games of the 2014 Iowa football team, we invite you to pick up your complimentary souvenir mini football for the 2014 season.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE MINI FOOTBALL *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/FONT]

The wife and I spent a TON on tickets this year, because she convinced me. For years, I had put her off and we were cautious, but she was just convinced that "this is the year".

I told her we should watch how the early games panned out before jumping into tickets, but she won the argument and now those tickets are worth what, $5-$10?

After the game, many fans sitting around us and almost everyone back at the tailgate on Saturday was talking about not renewing season tickets. Even if Iowa would have managed to pull out another last second win, the product is boring and as far as entertainment value, there are lots of other places to spend money to get more bang for your buck. So, who is strongly considering not getting tickets next year? I have two small kids that I could be spending time with on Saturdays rather than watching this paint dry ( I mean offense) run in circles (and 2 yard out patterns)and at this point it is really up in the air on if I am returning. Is anyone else in the same boat?

we had the same conversation ... These last two weeks are the #1 and #2 least fun sporting events I've ever been to. We brought our kids to both and saw a total of about 15-20 minutes of exciting action in return for 4 hours of driving, 8 hours of sitting in Kinnick, 2 hours of riding on the bus or standing in the bus line. Needless to say, both of my kids were very, very bored and do not want to attend another football game any time soon. And I gotta say, I don't blame them one bit.

I sold the IU and NW tickets because I'll otherwise occupied on those days, and I didn't even feel any pangs when I did it, like I normally would when I have to sell our tickets. That was the sign to me that maybe next year we can just skip the season tickets.

I checked on StubHub, and the secondary markets hasn't changed much since the game.
For now, demand is still here, but the next home game isn't for another 3 1/2 weeks.

stubhub takes 1/4 of what the buys pays ... so those tickets listed for $60 ... seller gets $45

Latest posts