Seantrel Henderson to announce on Feb 3

He's definitely going above and beyond with his annoucement. I'd be very surprised if he chose Iowa. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised with tOSU.

Tell me one big time recruit that has ever chosen a team where he did not take an official visit. Now, i understand that his last official was to Miami in the middle of a MN winter but still, i don't think it happens.

Will he use Skype to notify the coach of the team he chooses? I can see it now, he fires up the Skype and there's Ferentz smiling on the inter.......... yeah, no way no how. Just a guess, he picks OSU

seeing that he's modest errrrr.. totally consumed by his own brilliance enough to announce this on TV in New York, I'd say he's looking for a little bigger market then Iowa City. Notre dame, Florida, or OSU = much more pub and spotlight for him to bask in his own glory

+2

My friend sent me a text yesterday saying the same thing. I think it's tOSU.

He is the #1 recruit in the country (by some services). He was asked to make the announcement on Tom Lemmings ESPN show. Give the kid his due. He has worked hard and has earned the right to be in the spotlight on this. I have read nothing indicating that he is anything but a great football player and will be great for whatever team he ends up with. If you want to go after ESPN for making recruiting such a big deal, so be it, but that is not the players fault. Of course, criticizing ESPN may be a little hypocritical when done by men who check an Internet forum 20 times a day for recruiting news.

Would it be OK with the 'nervous, negative Nellies' here (EASY TO FIND ABOVE) if this Kirk Ferentz fella makes a visit to Seantrel this week?

SHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhh. Clueless

Sounds like his dad is the one trying to soak up all the glory and Seantrel is just along for the ride making his dad happy. I don't care if he does go to NY to announce if he becomes a Hawkeye. It would be great if he ended up a hawk and I don't care how he decides to do it. As somebody else already posted, don't say you don't want him at Iowa cause he isn't doing it the "Iowa way". You'd all be happy to have him if/when he announces IOWA on Feb. 3.

Hard to say what's in a kids head, but I don't see him going through all the hoopla to announce that he's coming to Iowa. Probably OSU or Florida.

Sounds like his dad is the one trying to soak up all the glory and Seantrel is just along for the ride making his dad happy. I don't care if he does go to NY to announce if he becomes a Hawkeye. It would be great if he ended up a hawk and I don't care how he decides to do it. As somebody else already posted, don't say you don't want him at Iowa cause he isn't doing it the "Iowa way". You'd all be happy to have him if/when he announces IOWA on Feb. 3.

I agree. As long as he announces for Iowa he can do it on the CBS evening news or at the White House, or whereever.

Everyone keeps reffering to the point that they dont think Seantrel would go through all the trouble announcing his decision live on ESPN only to declare himself a Hawkeye. Fans and supporters need to realize while Iowa may not be in the very top tier of recruiting or be viewed as a national powerhouse, Iowa is beginning to emerge as a very succesfull football program. A lot of this is due to the coaching staff, and them selling that this program is the one for them. They make these players believe that, and upon leaving the players reiterate how Iowa was the best choice they could've made. Every Iowa senior reporters talked to this year had nothing but GREAT things to say about the program, they all fell in love. I love nothing better than to see Iowa boys come into that program and have nothing but success and it all comes from hardwork.

It seems, Iowa is beginning to recruit more of the top tier athletes with success and high school football players are giving Iowa even more of a thought. Seantrel, if not mistaken, came on an unofficial visit to the Minnesota game? I heard he rode down with a family friend who just happened to play for Iowa in the past. Im hoping he wispered some things into his ear, and with BB leaving it can only help our chances of him committing. I believe he has planned to also make an official visit to Iowa City this month as well. This will be interesting to see what decision is finally made, but keep your fingers crossed.

With Seantrel or not, Iowa is going to be exciting to watch next year. It's going to be hard to wait 8 months to hear Kinnick roar as Back in Black blares from its speakers.

Going to New York to announce your commitment?

For god sake.

I don't know if he should be more ashamed or Lemming should be for having a retarted show like that.

The recruiting aspect has gotten out of hand.

Yes, the hats sitting in a row on a table at the Army game was ridiculous. That and the "uh...." uttered by each recruit before making their respective choices. Dumb.

Hard to say what's in a kids head, but I don't see him going through all the hoopla to announce that he's coming to Iowa. Probably OSU or Florida.

If we are recruiting against OSU and Florida how about Iowa has as many offensive lineman currently in the NFL as Florida and OSU Combined.

Iowa - 6
OSU - 3
Florida - 3

Interestingly USC only has 5 offensive lineman and Notre Dame has 7.

Everyone keeps reffering to the point that they dont think Seantrel would go through all the trouble announcing his decision live on ESPN only to declare himself a Hawkeye. Fans and supporters need to realize while Iowa may not be in the very top tier of recruiting or be viewed as a national powerhouse, Iowa is beginning to emerge as a very succesfull football program. A lot of this is due to the coaching staff, and them selling that this program is the one for them. They make these players believe that, and upon leaving the players reiterate how Iowa was the best choice they could've made. Every Iowa senior reporters talked to this year had nothing but GREAT things to say about the program, they all fell in love. I love nothing better than to see Iowa boys come into that program and have nothing but success and it all comes from hardwork.

It seems, Iowa is beginning to recruit more of the top tier athletes with success and high school football players are giving Iowa even more of a thought. Seantrel, if not mistaken, came on an unofficial visit to the Minnesota game? I heard he rode down with a family friend who just happened to play for Iowa in the past. Im hoping he wispered some things into his ear, and with BB leaving it can only help our chances of him committing. I believe he has planned to also make an official visit to Iowa City this month as well. This will be interesting to see what decision is finally made, but keep your fingers crossed.

With Seantrel or not, Iowa is going to be exciting to watch next year. It's going to be hard to wait 8 months to hear Kinnick roar as Back in Black blares from its speakers.

Some good points, but how many senior players have you ever heard say anything BUT nice things about their school? Nobody's going to come out after 4 or 5 years and say they made the wrong decision and went to the wrong school.

Also, Seantrel already took his 5 official visits. He can't take another official.

So he didn't use his 5th visit at Iowa?

I have a very hard time holding out any hope for us if he didn't us an official. I know he came to the Minn game but just came to the game and left.

Don't see how a recruit can pick a school that he didn't "officially" visit

Hope Kirk can pull out all the stops at his in-home visit.