Seantrel Henderson to announce on Feb 3

hawkeyefan1433

Cretin-Derham Hall standout offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson will travel to New York to announce his college decision on Feb. 3, the first day of the national signing period, his father told the Pioneer Press today.

Henderson, the 6-foot-8, 338-pound All-American who is rated as the nation's top recruit, will announce his college choice on Tom Lemming's cable television show on ESPN. Lemming is a national recruiting expert.

"That's the place where we want to be to make the announcement,'' said Sean Henderson, Seantrel's father. "It feels right to do it there.''

Henderson still is deciding among eight colleges, according to his father. Sean Henderson said none of the eight has the edge over another.

Henderson took officials visits to Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Southern California. He took unofficial visits to Iowa and Minnesota. Another school under serious consideration is Miami.

"All eight schools are neck and neck,'' Sean Henderson said. "The pressure is on, no doubt. It is a race against time. We could push it past Feb. 3, but we don't want to do that.''
Henderson, who helped lead the Raiders to the Class AAAAA championship in November, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday in San Antonio. Prior to the game, he was selected the inaugural winner of the Anthony Munoz Award, given to the nation's top lineman.

-http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14166524

I think Seantrel is an IOWA lean.

'We heard how loud this place can be; tonight---- we heard how Quiet they can be.'
Cretin-Derham Hall grad, Broderick Binns, after IOWA beat Penn State, Sept 2009

'We heard how loud this place can be; tonight---- we heard how Quiet they can be.'
Cretin-Derham Hall grad, Broderick Binns, after IOWA beat Penn State, Sept 2009

I have a weird feeling you may be right - I'm wondering if this isn't so much a PR move for the chosen school as for the recruit. I'll bet the announcement will be getting some serious national press, and this is one of those things where a less publicized school like Iowa might gain from maximum exposure.

Doesn't sound like something a Hawk would do? Ferentz and staff are so low key about things this just doesn't sound like us....but I'll make an exception this time.

COME ON WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE! Seantrel took us off his list MONTHS ago. You people need to get on with your life he's not coming to IOWA! RACHawk made the right call.

COME ON WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE! Seantrel took us off his list MONTHS ago. You people need to get on with your life he's not coming to IOWA! RACHawk made the right call.

I agree...its probably around 10% that he picks Iowa.

Theres been articles where he doesn't even mention Iowa, and now people are acting like he even have a 40% chance?

:rolleyes:

If he's going all Harrison Barnes with his announcement, I'm not sure I even want the kid to go to Iowa.

Unless, of course, he picks Iowa.

yea, and Harrison Barnes was an ISU lean!!

seeing that he's modest errrrr.. totally consumed by his own brilliance enough to announce this on TV in New York, I'd say he's looking for a little bigger market then Iowa City. Notre dame, Florida, or OSU = much more pub and spotlight for him to bask in his own glory

seeing that he's modest errrrr.. totally consumed by his own brilliance enough to announce this on TV in New York, I'd say he's looking for a little bigger market then Iowa City. Notre dame, Florida, or OSU = much more pub and spotlight for him to bask in his own glory

+1

This is nothing more than an ESPN "Harrison Barnes" style pub grab...he's not coming to Iowa...they want ratings so they're trying to make it sound like there are more than a couple of schools with a shot at it...my guess is, it's "The U" based solely on ESPN's love them and how they want them to be "back" in the worst way...God knows the bowl game didn't do it for them...way to go Wisky!

Of course, if Tom Lemming's involved, it could be ND...