Screw you, Big Ten Network

gohawkz

Have been waiting to watch the basketball team's exhibition game from sunday. It was supposed to be on The Big Ten Network today at one. My direct tv channel guide still shows it and says that it's recording the game but instead it's The Journey?

What the crap?

I'm guessing it's a quality issue. I remember awhile back the BTN had a delayed wrestling broadcast scheduled, but never showed it because they said the production didn't meet their quality standards (it was shown live online and had some tech issues, I think).

The Mediacom broadcast started late and was in fuzzy black and white for awhile. Even when all that was rectified, it was still horrible quality. I wouldn't be surprised if the BTN never shows it for that reason.

I could be wrong, of course. :)

This is not the first time I remember getting hosed by an inaccurate programming BTN schedule. This ticks me off. First of all, they don't even have the game on t.v., and the only way to watch it is to pay extra for an online feed. Now apparently they are not going to show it at all.

Guess we'll have to continue to put up with this crap until the conference season starts.

I'm about to the point where I'd be happy to pay for the ESPN Full Court package again if they carried Big Ten sports. With the BTN, I'm seeing less Hawkeye hoops than I ever have.

they said "it was on their schedule then they pulled it since mediacom asked to do it live on TV"...

This doesn't make sense to me. We've known it was going to be shown live on Mediacon for a long time.

If they don't have the legal rights to show the game two days later then someone messed up big time by putting it on the schedule.

Did the Big Ten network also not have it available for their fee based webcast?

So did anyone subscribe to watch the webcast of the game? I know they were supposed to have it but just wondering if they actually did.

I'm no lawyer but I can't believe that Comcast says it's ok for them to charge for the broadcast online but refuses to let them show the rerun 2 days later.

The Big Ten Network's guide seldom, if ever, matches up with what's on the channel-- especially on the weekends. It's my only complaint about the network, which otherwise has been the greatest thing ever for those of us who live outside the state.

Portland, OR Direct TV here -- had DVR set to record and nothing was there at all -- didn't record whatever substitute program they had running. Effers. Did subscribe and watch the web stream, quality wasn't the best but was better than nothing.

Latest posts