Screw you, Big Ten Network

My how the worm has turned.

I remember a few of you guys dis'ing BTN completely...stating it would never last, had stupid programming, wooden broadcasters, and would wither and die after football season was done.

Some even predicted a 2-3 year run, max, before it was pulled.

On the bright side, the next game is on Sunday!!!!! I can't wait to be truly excited when I go to a game (it'll be the first time since I arrived on campus in 2008)!

Have been waiting to watch the basketball team's exhibition game from sunday. It was supposed to be on The Big Ten Network today at one. My direct tv channel guide still shows it and says that it's recording the game but instead it's The Journey?

What the crap?

I have NEVER been overly happy with the Big Ten Network. First is pure greed, and I am against that as a principal. Second this isn't expanded coverage - like it was promised - it has actually contracted our coverage!!! Horsecrap I say.
Other ramblings, they could have much better coverage on Sundays. They should include the national scene as well, we all play teams from other conferences. How are they doing??? Plus that makes the BTN more attractive to fans from other conferences. Thus, increasing the Big Ten's fan base - the whole purpose of this station!!!

Another thing that makes very little sense, why no webcasting!? You could show exactly what Mediacom, Comcast or whoever has on their stations, with their own commercials. Everybody is happy and the audience is enormously expanded! You could keep the graphics display at a lower resolution if they are worried about others getting "free tv" that should be free. Heck they could even embed more commercials around the webcast! Satisfying the ever growing greed of the Big Ten...

Latest posts