Schwartz Sunday Notes: How Did Men’s Hoops Nearly Knock Off A Final Four Team?

RobHowe

Administrator
Schwartz Sunday Notes - How Did Men’s Hoops Nearly Knock Off A Final Four Team?, Ahmad Wagner's Change, Football Recruiting Philosophy:

LINK

I felt that Iowa had (has) the talent to achieve so much more this past season and for whatever reason, weather it was coaching or players, they just never came together as a team.
I believe next year will be the opposite of this year.

Schwartz Sunday Notes - How Did Men’s Hoops Nearly Knock Off A Final Four Team?, Ahmad Wagner's Change, Football Recruiting Philosophy:

LINK

It is what it is.....

Quite an accomplishment for the improving Hawks. Any other way of looking at it is Sour Grapes. Facts are actually facts, not fake that is.....

Of course, such a late season accomplishment could lead one to the conclusion that next season will be an outstanding one, tournament bound, that is.....

Not unlike the preseason beliefs most fans had this year. Expectations that were shattered like a Glass Goblin.....

:cool:

Anyone who watches basketball should never wonder how the outcome of one game happened. They shot the ball terrible from 3. If we would have put it up that game, it would have been a blowout. That would have been even more crazy for people who don't understand how basketball works.

It was the 3rd time we played them this season. After having lost the first 2, it's easy to motivate a team to play hard.
We were playing for our season, so, another easy to motivate situation.
Michigan was 3 of 19 from 3 pt range. Even good teams have off shooting nights.
All of the stars had aligned for an Iowa upset....and we still couldn't get it done.

What a ridiculous article.
So Iowa almost upset a team, but not quite.
So since Iowa didn't get crushed EVERY game this year, let's look at this as a positive?
Wow this is what Iowa bball has become?

And for everyone who thinks I'm only negative,
I actually am totally excited for and looking forward to Fran's replacement, whenever that happens.

So since Iowa didn't get crushed EVERY game this year, let's look at this as a positive?

I actually am totally excited for and looking forward to Fran's replacement, whenever that happens.

Its embarrassing actually.

This is life under Gutless Gary Barta. Drive the prices up and the expectations down.

Yawn. One game means nothing. I've seen bad Iowa teams steal a game or two they had no business winning. It's not unusual for good teams to lose a game they shouldn't. Upsets happen. "Almost" beating a good team means even less.

Thought I saw something that this year's team was winless against NCAA teams. Maybe even against NIT teams, not sure. This year was bad - no way to spin that fact away.

Hopefully next year will be markedly better. It better be.

Yawn. One game means nothing. I've seen bad Iowa teams steal a game or two they had no business winning. It's not unusual for good teams to lose a game they shouldn't. Upsets happen. "Almost" beating a good team means even less.

Thought I saw something that this year's team was winless against NCAA teams. Maybe even against NIT teams, not sure. This year was bad - no way to spin that fact away.

Hopefully next year will be markedly better. It better be.
We see this happening more and more often than anything else, at Iowa. Unfortunately.

Iowa was only in that game because Michigan's 2 best players were in constant foul trouble and Michigan shot like 0 for 13 from 3 point land to start. Michigan handed Iowa that game and Iowa still couldn't take it.

JFC, good teams lose to teams they are better than all the time. Even if Iowa did beat Michigan it would have meant nothing, as overall they were awful this year with or without beating Michigan.