Schwartz: Dolphin, the Hawkeyes, and Being PC

The difference is Jon is welcoming discussion, this article is a flat out lecture to white people.

Correct and why it’s complete and utter garbage, it was as if he said I’m going to write an article to appease the small MINORITY of people that are overly sensitive to everything and anyone. It also stinks of an attention piece to bait in discussion, which he notoriously does.

Personally, if a small number of people are offended by something like Dolph’s comment, I say TOO BAD.

I am sick and tired of the ridiculous PC extremism in our society today. It doesn't matter what you say....somebody, somewhere is going to be offended by it.

I’m sorry, but those of you who think what Dolph said was insensitive, racist, hurtful or whatever....can stick it in your ear.

If I were Dolph, I would go to the media and say “My King Kong reference was a compliment to the Maryland player. I stand by it and apologize for nothing.”

For the record, I’ve known Gary Dolphin for 22 years. I do not believe he’s racist. I also do not believe his comment was intended to be racist. I believe he meant it as a compliment.

These are my opinions.
I agree. I realize it's not racial/racist, but do you think Aaron Boone is insulted when Red Sox fans refer to him Aaron "F****n'" Boone? It's gotta make him smile every time he hears it. So many other examples like that in sports and none of them have to do with skin color either.

Here Gene Simmons makes a racist comment about non-Jews, reiterating the Talmudic teaching that non-Jews are here to serve the Jews. Had this comment been the other way around there would have been a national firestorm.

The powerful "white male" Schwartz speaks of is no longer the dominant force in the media. The white male is actually lowest on the mainstream media's "right to equal speech" ladder. It's not about equality. It's about granting any group other than white males the right to say whatever they want while clamping down on the latter's freedom of speech.

Gary Dolphin's situation is an example of this. Had Gary been a minority and made a comment that resembled a white stereotype, there would have been no attention--if anything, it would have been celebrated as a win for the little guy.

What in the hell are you talking about? "mythical"? ...it's a categorization of like groups of humans. There is nothing imaginary, fictitious, make believe, or fantasy about race. Yes...we are all of the same biology...nice observation.
Dear god. I'm not going to get into this. Just take a biological anthropology and/or a cultural anthropology course if you don't understand what I meant.

It's called unconscious bias and Dolph is very guilty of this.

That does nothing to prove that Dolph's unconscious bias was race related. If anything his unconscious bias told him that King Kong is a dominant force and Bruno resembled that by the way he was playing. Shit, maybe he subconsciously confused the word brute with Bruno. That's something I would do.

I never said he should be fired, suspended or that he was a garbage human being/racist. We all have unconscious bias. Starting conversations on things like this is a good thing.

Racist terms you didn't know:

Peanut Gallery
Sure, we’ve all heard “peanut gallery” used to describe harsh critics—usually ones with little knowledge of a situation—but the phrase originally refers to a section in Vaudeville-era theaters. It was usually the area with the worst seats in the house, where people of color were forced to sit. (Yeah, we won’t be using that phrase again, either.)

Grandfather Clause: From the days post slavery where Blacks were discriminated against to get around civil rights legislation

Gypsey: Go to Europe and you'll know what it really means. People of Roma (Northern India) who settled in Europe and are darker in color of the skin.

"no can do" -
Slur making fun of Chinese immigrants trying to understand and say English.

Sold Down The River this one is obvious.

Welfare Queen

Shuck and Jive
No it's not from 70s dancing.

Uppity

Most slaves from Africa went to South America (mostly Brazil area). 15% died just from the voyage. 15 million Africans were shipped. No real numbers can estimate deaths post arrival.

Based on populations, the carnage on Blacks was not highly lower than Holocaust victims but lower. We are 75 years removed from Holocaust. We are twice that from slavery and less than that from terrible treatment.

Some of you may not know about the Camp Dodge lynchings.

In Germany today, make light of the holocaust and see what that gets you.

Here Gene Simmons makes a racist comment about non-Jews, reiterating the Talmudic teaching that non-Jews are here to serve the Jews. Had this comment been the other way around there would have been a national firestorm.

The powerful "white male" Schwartz speaks of is no longer the dominant force in the media. The white male is actually lowest on the mainstream media's "right to equal speech" ladder. It's not about equality. It's about granting any group other than white males the right to say whatever they want while clamping down on the latter's freedom of speech.

Gary Dolphin's situation is an example of this. Had Gary been a minority and made a comment that resembled a white stereotype, there would have been no attention--if anything, it would have been celebrated as a win for the little guy.

Over correction.

It's called unconscious bias and Dolph is very guilty of this.

If everyone has it, he's not guilty. He's human. If I call someone a douche, and that person has a stinky vagina, it's possible I smelled it and my unconscious bias made me choose to use the word douche. It's also just as likely that it was a coincidence. There is no way for anyone to know which one it was.

If everyone has unconscious bias, then people shouldn't lose their job over it.

Latest posts