Say what?

It's like somebody gave ISU fans a new car and then when they were handed the keys they got kicked in the junk over and over again. ISU fans can't win. Looks like they won't be bowling off the south endzone anytime soon.

It really is. My jaw hit the floor when i read this. None of this really affects me in least being that I am an NU fan. But I cant get over the fact that these schools would actually agree to something this outrageous. Really, I mean really......this is almost surreal.

You guys need to build a solid gold 100 ft tall statue to Osborne outside Memorial Stadium ASAP. Look what he and Perlman saved you from.

Additionally, I hope Nebraska's attorneys not only refuse to pay the exit fees, but countersue The Texas Conference for costs incurred in transitioning to a new conference. If only to pile on the pain.

Nebraska is the huge winner in all of this. Don't ever doubt that for a second.

It's like somebody gave ISU fans a new car and then when they were handed the keys they got kicked in the junk over and over again. ISU fans can't win. Looks like they won't be bowling off the south endzone anytime soon.

Its like those banking commercials with the kids, where they give them a toy to play with and then there are all these strings attached to how they can play with them.

Trying to find confirmation of this in the mainstream media. Anybody have any links?

Quick, snag Mizzou before they sign anything. They haven't shaken-off the Longhorn's spell yet. Cowpie perfume still has them in a trance.

You guys need to build a solid gold 100 ft tall statue to Osborne outside Memorial Stadium ASAP. Look what he and Perlman saved you from.

Additionally, I hope Nebraska's attorneys not only refuse to pay the exit fees, but countersue The Texas Conference for costs incurred in transitioning to a new conference. If only to pile on the pain.

Nebraska is the huge winner in all of this. Don't ever doubt that for a second.

There already is a 10' bronze statue of him, but with the extra money we will get from the Big10 I dont think a 100' gold one is out of the question. I still am having a hard time believing this. When Chip Brown reports it I will take it as fact :rolleyes:. (heavy dose of sarcasm)

I just saw that myself, going through some tweets. Are those teams THAT desperate to keep the B12 together for what, maybe one more year? Wouldn't they be able to use power in numbers? Tell those three schools to eff-off and that they will go elsewhere. Man, that is just crazy! :eek:

Did they have a choice? Either that or go to Conference USA? I agree it's pathetic, but they were in between a rock and a hard place.

Pollard needs to learn how to negotiate. Texas was interested in the new $20 mil from TV and the ability to start their own network. No way the extra $4 mil from a one-time payment was going to make or break that deal.

un F------ real, they get all the money, plus eliminate the only team from north that can compete with them

Didn't history teach us that appeasement doesn't help the situation any? Looks like Texas is becoming the axis Germany of college football. Does that make Oklahoma Italy?

WOW...

Is this how the convo went down?
Big12 (10)-Alright let's work on a new deal to hold us all together!!!
Baylor- Sounds like a great plan! It's just so rewarding to be together again with all my friends!
KSU- We're in for sure...better than playing a bunch of them east coast sissies
Kansas- Thank god we don't have to have OUR bball team play in those pathetic gyms of the MWC
Mizzou- (sits in the corner dejected) we're in...I guess
ISU- (runs around the room dancing) WE'RE SAVED!!! Guys have you seen my new renovations!! I'm bowling our endzone with all that extra money!!!
Texas- Ahh yes about that buyout money...
Big 12 (10)- Yes what about it?
Texas- we, meaning us and my two southern friends A&M and Okie...get all of it.
Big 12 (10)-WHAT?
Texas- yup
*Chorus of uproar followed by ISU yelling loudly*
*Texas begins to file it's fingers with a "PAC 16" nail filer*
Big 12 (10)- Well I'm sorry guys but UT is right they deserve whatever they want.
ISU- *crying* Okay fine
Baylor- wow you're lucky we're a religious institution...what I'd like to do to you right now Texas.
OSU- HEY we were going to leave too!!!
Oklahoma- Shut up OSU
OSU- Okay *sits down dejected*
Big 12 (10)- okay Mizzou are you in??...Mizzou??...has anyone seen mizzou??...*A&M drags mizzou kicking and screaming back into the room*...he was on the pay phone with the Big Ten it sounded like...
Mizzou- THEY WANT US I SWEAR!!!
Big 12 (10)- alright so let's announce our compromise to the media!!

mack-brown1.jpg

Go on, tell 'em what happened, Jamie.

pollard.jpg

I... I fell.

mack-brown1.jpg

Goddamn right.

Latest posts