Say what?

silvanthalas

Via twitter a few minutes ago:

slmandel Unbelievable. The five "leftovers" (KU, KSU, ISU, BU, Mizzou) agreed to sign over their share of CU/NU's buyout money to UT/OU/A&M.

Are. You. Effing. Kidding. Me?

Via twitter a few minutes ago:

slmandel Unbelievable. The five "leftovers" (KU, KSU, ISU, BU, Mizzou) agreed to sign over their share of CU/NU's buyout money to UT/OU/A&M.

Are. You. Effing. Kidding. Me?

Yep. Those 3 schools get the entire $20 million buyout. Lol...too funny.

The price you pay when you dance with the devil... This is funny. Something tells me the parimeters of the new agreement are going to change often for the five outsiders. Whatever Texas wants...

If this is true, I will have even less respect for those schools than before and it wasnt very much to begin with.

Plus there's no new TV contract right now. The one with FOX doesn't get renegotiated till 2012 and ESPN/ABC till like 2015. So it'll be awhile before those schools see any, if at all, additional revenue.

I wonder if CF is melting down over this. Some of them were bragging about getting a share of that $20million buyout from NE & CU.

Mandel also just said: "That call gave me no reason to believe there's anything stopping that league from crumbling again a year from now."

I have to agree with him. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if keeping the Big 12 another year was simply to collect some extra cash now by the departure of CU and Nebraska. I mean, this IS Texas we're talking about.

Did they have a choice? Either that or go to Conference USA? I agree it's pathetic, but they were in between a rock and a hard place.

If Pollard knew the terms of this arangement before he went into it he needs to be fired immediately. ISU was so scared of being left out in the cold that they basically signed everything away. It's like somebody went over the CF and hit the "party off" switch. They just realized they are totally at the mercy of Texas. Too funny.

and it has begun. Bend over and take it ISU, Baylor, KU, KSU, and Missouri, you wanted it and now you're getting it.

You guys really think NE and CO are gonna just hand over that money after they were essentially forced to bail by Texas' actions?

Think again.

Here come the lawyers.

You guys really think NE and CO are gonna just hand over that money after they were essentially forced to bail by Texas' actions?

Think again.

Here come the lawyers.

I think the Big 12 can hold their tv revenue next year until it is all settled in court and by that time the Big 12 will have imploded so their won't be any money for Nebraska or Colorado to recover if they don't have to pay.

This is so freakin' outrageous that it is almost unbelievable.

It really is. My jaw hit the floor when i read this. None of this really affects me in least being that I am an NU fan. But I cant get over the fact that these schools would actually agree to something this outrageous. Really, I mean really......this is almost surreal.

Latest posts