Say what you want about Gutless Gary but

NOOOOOOOOO not the Director's Cup!!!!

yeah, I just don't care about rowing or rifle. I only care about Football and Basketball really - but at Iowa, I imagine it's probably like this and in this order as far as what the majority of fans care about.

1. Iowa Football
2. Iowa Men's Basketball
3. Iowa Wrestling
4. Iowa Baseball
5. Iowa Women's Basketball

FIN

Iowa basketball wasn't good enough last season, and in fact, Iowa isn't getting enough for where they place in far as revenue spent and raised in any of the major sports - sans Football, which has been good lately, not great. Gary Barta should have been released from Iowa YEARS ago, yet he hasn't been. So, there's something we obviously don't see as far as his peers agreeing to keep him. I like Gary, he rarely says dumb shit, but he's not some sort of proven commodity of goods, he hasn't really done anything spectacular and you couple that with the lawsuit, it's hard to believe he's still here. The Fran deal is gonna go one way or the other and that ultimately seal Gary's fate. I like to troll, I like that you guys have so much hate for a guy that you don't know. I have fun with it love that guys on a no pay internet message board somehow think you are wiser, more successful, better or know more about running a athletic department then the AD of Iowa fing University. Those guys want to see him fail more then see Iowa win. That blows my mind, but you're entitled to fan how you want to fan. I don't want to see Barta fired mainly because that means at this point, Iowa had another really bad year in FB or BB. I don't want that, so in turn, I don't want Barta fired.

Last edited:
Wow, seeing all that money but band members have to pay to be in the band for uni's and such and last year got flown in to stay one night, performed in the bowl game, then got flown back right after the game. Guess Barta was just keeping the budget under control. I guess if he didn't have to shell out several million in settlements the band could have stayed two days in NY.