Say what you want about Gutless Gary but

1. another personal attack, same MO
2. I didn't attack you, I questioned the premise of the OP (unless you're suggesting that you posted under an alt and that was you)
3. I don't have a "band". I speak for myself.
4. Disagreement is not trolling. Sounds a lot like the "disagreement = hate" angle that's become so popular among snowflakes.

So...two replies and still no substantive content with an alternate viewpoint, or suggesting where I have it wrong? Really doesn't matter what I say, You have defined yourself.

Well, OK. I will give you an honest response. I am totally bored with your constant theme of bitching about coaches, the AD, the stadium, the BB coaching staff, the BB arena ,etc. You and TK have become so predictable, that I just skim through your posts. It just seems to me that you interject your repetitive comments into every thread and most of them are negative, so you tend, in my opinion, to hijack interesting analysis. I have already blocked Fry. Just nothing new from him/her and he/she attacked my relationship with my family which is out of bounds. With you and TK, you seem to think that constantly bashing many things about Hawkeye sports may change people's opinions. Your credibility is not that strong. You want me to respond with reasons for my disagreements with you, but as with many Trump supporters, the response is always the same: Everything you get called on is labeled "fake news." I will apologize for personal attacks. Dealing with frustration is not one of my strengths. At the same time, you may wish to re-visit your response to the postings of those who may not agree with you. You get pretty "in your face."

Will look forward to your thoughts on this post. By the way, I am Huck Finn, none other. Mark Twain is my favorite author/philosopher and the creator of the great American Novel. Hence, my moniker.

Be well.

His complete and total F up of the Tracey Greasebomb/James Meyer case cost the university millions more than he increased revenue, and put the U in national headlines for being a discriminatory organization, which isn’t true. The black eye he put on the school is unwarranted and 100% his fault. Not so much as a fucking Post-It note of documentation of his meetings with the dynamic duo or their abuses of staff and field hockey players set Iowa back decades reputation wise for no reason other than his idiocy.

Put that in your post. Those numbers are real.

100% his fault. I agree. Unfortunately, his bosses didn't feel it warranted a firing, which IMO, speaks volumes to the job he must do there.

I have already blocked Fry. Just nothing new from him/her and he/she attacked my relationship with my family which is out of bounds.
You and I both know you haven't blocked me.

And stop whining like some jilted little social justice warrior about how I "attacked" your family.

You bragged like an asshole about how much land you owned, and blah, blah, blah. I made a generalized joke about you being elderly (fact, no?) and how your family is probably waiting for you to croak so they can divvy it out (which you haven't disproven, btw). I merely made an inerence that, with you being such an insufferable douche nozzle, your kids probably see the same qualities.

Irreverent humor? Maybe. "Attacking?" Jesus Murphy, grow a pair and laugh, even if someone doesn't like you.

Life is short and we all have limited time (granted, yours being statistically less than most...)

Last edited:
Well, OK. I will give you an honest response. I am totally bored with your constant theme of bitching about coaches, the AD, the stadium, the BB coaching staff, the BB arena ,etc. You and TK have become so predictable, that I just skim through your posts. It just seems to me that you interject your repetitive comments into every thread and most of them are negative, so you tend, in my opinion, to hijack interesting analysis. I have already blocked Fry. Just nothing new from him/her and he/she attacked my relationship with my family which is out of bounds. With you and TK, you seem to think that constantly bashing many things about Hawkeye sports may change people's opinions. Your credibility is not that strong. You want me to respond with reasons for my disagreements with you, but as with many Trump supporters, the response is always the same: Everything you get called on is labeled "fake news." I will apologize for personal attacks. Dealing with frustration is not one of my strengths. At the same time, you may wish to re-visit your response to the postings of those who may not agree with you. You get pretty "in your face."

Will look forward to your thoughts on this post. By the way, I am Huck Finn, none other. Mark Twain is my favorite author/philosopher and the creator of the great American Novel. Hence, my moniker.

Be well.

Twain is wonderful. Some of my favorite reads from my youth. Timeless.

I get that this topic is one you're tired of, we all have those. Unfortunately as long as a "problem exists", people will tend to complain about until it's addressed. But I understand your frustration. In my defense, I think you'll find a pretty good balance of positive and negative if you look 360, but on this thread obviously I'm pretty one-directional. No doubt.

Whether you agree with my take or not is cool...we're adults (well, most of us) and can have different opinions. I was just curious if you felt GB deserved more credit...why? That's all I was getting at. Didn't mean to create a pissing match...we're good. (I'm not sure how Trump became part of this discussion?! )

Enjoy your Holiday Huck!

Twain is wonderful. Some of my favorite reads from my youth. Timeless.

I get that this topic is one you're tired of, we all have those. Unfortunately as long as a "problem exists", people will tend to complain about until it's addressed. But I understand your frustration. In my defense, I think you'll find a pretty good balance of positive and negative if you look 360, but on this thread obviously I'm pretty one-directional. No doubt.

Whether you agree with my take or not is cool...we're adults (well, most of us) and can have different opinions. I was just curious if you felt GB deserved more credit...why? That's all I was getting at. Didn't mean to create a pissing match...we're good. (I'm not sure how Trump became part of this discussion?! )

Enjoy your Holiday Huck!

Thanks for the response. I will try to look more carefully at your posts and give them a fair read.

Our boy Gary is wringing the register, baby. Go Gary, go Gary! See I'm one of the pro Kirk, pro Fran, pro Gary guys. With each one of those guys, they always make me feel like we are one lucky break away from a great season. Where else in the world can you find that level of comfort, hope, and optimism.

That being said...Barta has done the job raising money, which is high on the list of his job titles if you want to know the truth. He also backs the shit out of his coaches...shows commitment to giving them what they need to be successful. He's the kind of boss I would want in that job.

It's interesting...I hear all these complaints about our coaches, yet the outside world of Hawkeye Sports shows them incredible respect most of the time. What gives?

Our boy Gary is wringing the register, baby. Go Gary, go Gary! See I'm one of the pro Kirk, pro Fran, pro Gary guys. With each one of those guys, they always make me feel like we are one lucky break away from a great season. Where else in the world can you find that level of comfort, hope, and optimism.

That being said...Barta has done the job raising money, which is high on the list of his job titles if you want to know the truth. He also backs the shit out of his coaches...shows commitment to giving them what they need to be successful. He's the kind of boss I would want in that job.

It's interesting...I hear all these complaints about our coaches, yet the outside world of Hawkeye Sports shows them incredible respect most of the time. What gives?
Many badger fans over here in Southwest Wisconsin think Fran holds us back and that we'd be better off with someone else.

I know that for a fact.

Was in another thread where somebody called him a muppet and he got slightly offended lol

Then I looked at my avatar and did one of these...

Doh.jpg

he wields a mean check book for a guy who's so horrible at his gig and is the village idiot on this board.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year.
  • Donor contributions showed an impressive climb for a second consecutive year, to $29.26 million, an increase of nearly $1.5 million.
  • Iowa received $24.82 million in media rights money, an increase of only $400,000 from the previous year, but a number that is expected to skyrocket when next year’s report is issued.
  • The NCAA and Big Ten Conference paid the school another $14.6 million, the second consecutive year that figure has increased by roughly $2 million.
  • Iowa spent $21.47 million on coaches’ salaries in 2016-17. That is another figure that keeps rising. It was $20.3 million the previous year.
  • Support staff in the Hawkeye athletic department received $19.98 million, an increase of $2 million from 2015-16.
Iowa is ranked 18th in FBS for revenue generation. $130.6 million.
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...18th-in-ncaa-athletics-revenue-in-17-20180628

Iowa is 54th in the Director's Cup standings.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...df/2017-18/misc_non_event/June29overallDI.pdf

Notre Dame & Johns Hopkins had more B1G championships this last school year than Iowa did.