Say what you want about Gutless Gary but

he wields a mean check book for a guy who's so horrible at his gig and is the village idiot on this board.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year.
  • Donor contributions showed an impressive climb for a second consecutive year, to $29.26 million, an increase of ne arly $1.5 million.
  • Iowa received $24.82 million in media rights money, an increase of only $400,000 from the previous year, but a number that is expected to skyrocket when next year’s report is issued.
  • The NCAA and Big Ten Conference paid the school another $14.6 million, the second consecutive year that figure has increased by roughly $2 million.
  • Iowa spent $21.47 million on coaches’ salaries in 2016-17. That is another figure that keeps rising. It was $20.3 million the previous year.
  • Support staff in the Hawkeye athletic department received $19.98 million, an increase of $2 million from 2015-16.
His complete and total F up of the Tracey Greasebomb/James Meyer case cost the university millions more than he increased revenue, and put the U in national headlines for being a discriminatory organization, which isn’t true. The black eye he put on the school is unwarranted and 100% his fault. Not so much as a fucking Post-It note of documentation of his meetings with the dynamic duo or their abuses of staff and field hockey players set Iowa back decades reputation wise for no reason other than his idiocy.

Put that in your post. Those numbers are real.

Last edited:
a 25 year old intern. you have outdone yourself on this one. dumb.
Even a 25 year old intern knows how to handle human resources issues better than Farta. He cost the U millions in tangible money and god knows how much in stature that was hard earned over more than a century.

I can tell you for sure that had I done anything close to what that shit bag did during the Greasebomb debacle I’d have been fired on the spot. But ignorant rubes like yourself keep paying this douchebag millions to F up the University because he sold a thousand more tickets and hot dogs than last year.

I don’t expect you to be a business whiz, but Jesus Murphy, man, use your fucking head a little bit and see the forest instead of the trees.

His complete and total F up of the Tracey Greasebomb/James Meyer case cost the university millions more than he increased revenue, and put the U in national headlines for being a discriminatory organization, which isn’t true. The black eye he put on the school is unwarranted and 100% his fault. Not so much as a fucking Post-It note of documentation of his meetings with the dynamic duo or their abuses of staff and field hockey players set Iowa back decades reputation wise for no reason other than his idiocy.

Put that in your post. Those numbers are real.
Even worse, after the settlement was announced, Gary says (on camera) that he isn't going to change how he does business going forward (in response to reporter asking about the lack of documentation).

Then... he goes and signs Fran to a $9 million buyout. Keep in mind, this is the same dipshit that hired Todd Lickliter. o_O

Not a big Barta fan, but, seriously, all those numbers quoted were heading in the right direction. What would the naysayers be posting if ticket sales, contributions, etc were decreasing?

If or when the bubble bursts for the TV rights for sports(especially football) I don't want Barta any where around. His negotiation skills make me nervous. Having leverage and using it to your advantage doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

Are you talking about his teeth? Because I'm fully aware that he needs work done.

As vain and shallow as this sounds I can't get past his teeth. Even if he smokes 2 packs-a-day, it is 2018, there are a million over-the- counter products that will make your teeth look decent. It just screams of a guy stuck in the past, that he can't evolve a little bit. I look at his teeth and I think of a guy who looks at the Iowa fan base and he can just take them for granted.

What is this, comedy hour?
giphy.gif

Obviously, you can't read. The only time I attack is when you and your merry band of trollers attack me first.

1. another personal attack, same MO
2. I didn't attack you, I questioned the premise of the OP (unless you're suggesting that you posted under an alt and that was you)
3. I don't have a "band". I speak for myself.
4. Disagreement is not trolling. Sounds a lot like the "disagreement = hate" angle that's become so popular among snowflakes.

So...two replies and still no substantive content with an alternate viewpoint, or suggesting where I have it wrong? Really doesn't matter what I say, You have defined yourself.

1. another personal attack, same MO
2. I didn't attack you, I questioned the premise of the OP (unless you're suggesting that you posted under an alt and that was you)
3. I don't have a "band". I speak for myself.
4. Disagreement is not trolling. Sounds a lot like the "disagreement = hate" angle that's become so popular among snowflakes.

So...two replies and still no substantive content with an alternate viewpoint, or suggesting where I have it wrong? Really doesn't matter what I say, You have defined yourself.
Barta IMO is one of the worst ADs in the country. Iowa has hired some good coaches in the past Ralph Miller Lute Olsen Hayden Fry and even Kirk Ferentz Barta hired a Lick and McCaffrey Lick shouldnt have been coaching division 1 basketball and in fact it was his assistant that made him. Jury is still out on McCaffrey although I think they are close to a decision and it dont look good. Barta has gotten himself and the department in hot legal water. As far as Money it would be hard to not do well in the Big Ten right now, but basketball hasn't had sellouts or even close. So what does he do cancel the Des Moines event so that he can schedule another Bryant which no one will come to see.
If McCaffrey goes Barta should go with him.

Barta IMO is one of the worst ADs in the country. Iowa has hired some good coaches in the past Ralph Miller Lute Olsen Hayden Fry and even Kirk Ferentz Barta hired a Lick and McCaffrey Lick shouldnt have been coaching division 1 basketball and in fact it was his assistant that made him. Jury is still out on McCaffrey although I think they are close to a decision and it dont look good. Barta has gotten himself and the department in hot legal water. As far as Money it would be hard to not do well in the Big Ten right now, but basketball hasn't had sellouts or even close. So what does he do cancel the Des Moines event so that he can schedule another Bryant which no one will come to see.
If McCaffrey goes Barta should go with him.
It may go a long way toward explaining why he locked Fran up. It makes HIS job safer in light of the legal issues. Keeping Ferentz fat and happy helps his case as well. It will take someone ranked higher on the food chain than Barta, like tksirius,:):D to put pressure on him to consider making a coaching change.

Even Bump Elliott famously pulled Hayden Fry aside shortly after he hired him and told Fry "You will be the last football coach I hire. If you don't make it, neither will I." Fortunately Hayden (and Lute, Gable, Stringer and others) took care of the rest

Last edited: