Say what you want about Gutless Gary but

InGoodCo

he wields a mean check book for a guy who's so horrible at his gig and is the village idiot on this board.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year.
  • Donor contributions showed an impressive climb for a second consecutive year, to $29.26 million, an increase of nearly $1.5 million.
  • Iowa received $24.82 million in media rights money, an increase of only $400,000 from the previous year, but a number that is expected to skyrocket when next year’s report is issued.
  • The NCAA and Big Ten Conference paid the school another $14.6 million, the second consecutive year that figure has increased by roughly $2 million.
  • Iowa spent $21.47 million on coaches’ salaries in 2016-17. That is another figure that keeps rising. It was $20.3 million the previous year.
  • Support staff in the Hawkeye athletic department received $19.98 million, an increase of $2 million from 2015-16.

Either that or he's been extremely lucky. The counter-argument might be that a good AD might have had a $4-6 million surplus instead of a $2 Million.

But it does somewhat shoot down the notion that he's feckless and over his head.

he wields a mean check book for a guy who's so horrible at his gig and is the village idiot on this board.

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year.
  • Donor contributions showed an impressive climb for a second consecutive year, to $29.26 million, an increase of nearly $1.5 million.
  • Iowa received $24.82 million in media rights money, an increase of only $400,000 from the previous year, but a number that is expected to skyrocket when next year’s report is issued.
  • The NCAA and Big Ten Conference paid the school another $14.6 million, the second consecutive year that figure has increased by roughly $2 million.
  • Iowa spent $21.47 million on coaches’ salaries in 2016-17. That is another figure that keeps rising. It was $20.3 million the previous year.
  • Support staff in the Hawkeye athletic department received $19.98 million, an increase of $2 million from 2015-16.
You are Gary. You are the village idiot.;)

photostudio_1527008919666.jpg

images

It's hard to say how much credit he should have coming for those bottom line figures. I get it most ADs are judged on that and the combination of and wins and losses. He's just such an enigma I'm just not sure what to think anymore. I thought he was on thin ice after that whole lawsuit deal going the way it did. But shoot he's going to be around awhile so long as the football and hoops programs don't tank... (I think the hoops programs season last yr was an abbreviation we'll know soon enough)

It's hard to say how much credit he should have coming for those bottom line figures. I get it most ADs are judged on that and the combination of and wins and losses. He's just such an enigma I'm just not sure what to think anymore. I thought he was on thin ice after that whole lawsuit deal going the way it did. But shoot he's going to be around awhile so long as the football and hoops programs don't tank... (I think the hoops programs season last yr was an abbreviation we'll know soon enough)

I'm not trying to give him credit, really honestly, 100 % trolling you fellers. But really, he should get SOME credit for SOME things right? Or, when good things happen, he still sucks?

An abbreviation of what?

I'm not trying to give him credit, really honestly, 100 % trolling you fellers. But really, he should get SOME credit for SOME things right? Or, when good things happen, he still sucks?
Yeah I got the gist of what ya were doing. Some might forget just how long he's been around. Prior to giving KF his 'lifetime' deals and the deal with Fran most recently along with the lawsuit he was making money and keeping the programs all going pretty darn well for years. By well I mean financially... So it's tough to just say with absolute certainty he's a total douche. Because there's reasons he's NOT been let go for the powers that be to have kept him.

Yeah I got the gist of what ya were doing. Some might forget just how long he's been around. Prior to giving KF his 'lifetime' deals and the deal with Fran most recently along with the lawsuit he was making money and keeping the programs all going pretty darn well for years. So it's tough to just say with absolute certainty he's a total douche. Because there's reasons he's NOT been let go for the powers that be to have kept him.
exactly - and if just any dipshit can do his job, then why haven't they moved on? He's doing something that the university really likes. That's how the wheel turns in all walks of life.

exactly - and if just any dipshit can do his job, then why haven't they moved on? He's doing something that the university really likes. That's how the wheel turns in all walks of life.
You sure toot your own horn a lot, Gary.

I hope you don't plan to try and run your own business anytime soon.

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year
So we bounced back a little from a down year...and he deserves praise?
meh. an increase of $ 1.5 M is what you get for just showing up.
again, so what?
Read the first six words of that line. Barta has nothing to do with it
and? That's essentially a COL increase for most contracts
again

Welcome to 2018, where doing the basics of your job warrants praise. Everything above could be done from behind a desk by a 25 year old intern. Great gig when you can hop on a fast moving train and say "See how fast I have this thing moving!" What you're saying in your post is essentially...he didn't crash the plane into the mountain. Wow...pretty good for $500-$800K a year. (depending on which parts of his comp you choose to include).

Last edited:
I hope you don't plan to try and run your own business anytime soon.

• Ticket sales increased to $28.25 million in 2016-17, up from a disappointing $25.7 million the previous year
So we bounced back a little from a down year...and he deserves praise?
meh. an increase of $ 1.5 M is what you get for just showing up.
again, so what?
Did you read the first six words of your post. Barta has nothing to do with it
and? That's essentially a COL increase for most contracts
again

Welcome to 2018, where doing the basics of your job warrants praise. Everything above could be done from behind a desk by a 25 year old intern. Great gig when you can hop on a fast moving train and say "See how fast I have this thing moving!" What you're saying in your post is essentially...he didn't crash the plane into the mountain. Wow...pretty good for $500-$800K a year. (depending on which parts of his comp you choose to include).

a 25 year old intern. you have outdone yourself on this one. dumb.