Say something positive`

I get this argument, but it still bugs me how Iowa got worked by Purdue the way that they did. So it is a 5 year deal before Kirk realizes he has to make adjustments in regards to Purdue?
I agree, but the thread was on something positive.

I get this argument, but it still bugs me how Iowa got worked by Purdue the way that they did. So it is a 5 year deal before Kirk realizes he has to make adjustments in regards to Purdue?

Maybe I'm crazy, but IMO Purdue gives us fits because they aren't the other teams in the division and play a style that is more about airing it out then what we see from anyone else. Maybe the issue is that were recruiting specifically for a system aimed at winning the division as opposed to slowing down or stopping offenses that ignore the bend don't break style we play and look to just attack us down field.

Not everyone might see this as positive, but I also have to give props to Purdue. I was very impressed with them, top to bottom. Physical, disciplined, and business like in their demeanor. No trace of either intimidation OR hot dogging. They came to Iowa City to kick our ass and followed through. Respect.

They also had a nearly non functional run game for large parts of the game, but came in with a game plan that compensated for that very well. They knew where they were strong and we were vulnerable and kept hitting it for 60 minutes. Totally controlled the game against a defense that, more times than not this season, really confounded opposing offenses.

Bell of course everyone knew was a talent and he had an incredible day statistically, but QB O'Connell really stood out to me. He was like a robot out there, making impeccable reads AND throws. Tip your cap to that young man, he slice and diced what is probably the ball hawkingest defense in all the land.

On the Iowa side, you can say Purdue gave us a lot of lessons to review on film over the bye week. Sure wish we could have won, but hopefully we'll bounce back stronger.

Latest posts