Say something positive`

NCHawker

My Saturdays just opened up. I am not tied to the TV and if something more entertaining is on the schedule, Im doing that.

Hawkeye fatigue is a real thing. Much like addiction. You swear it off because it makes you unhappy, then on Saturday it sounds like a good idea...after all..think of the joy of the big plays and the excitement... so you tune in and it sucks. rinse repeat

Luftgekuehlt67

The Summer of 2020 would have triggered a meltdown in many programs.

Iowa came out of it, most importantly, having made positive changes for the well being and happiness of our athletes but, oh yeah, have gone 12-3 on field in the time since.

I accept the lunatic fringe is over represented here on HN - Ferentz is a lizard person, Barta runs a human trafficking ring out of the IMU basement, that sort of stuff - but I would guess the bulk of mainstream Hawk fandom is in agreement it's been, so far, a surprisingly positive course.

HuckFinn

The Summer of 2020 would have triggered a meltdown in many programs.

Iowa came out of it, most importantly, having made positive changes for the well being and happiness of our athletes but, oh yeah, have gone 12-3 on field in the time since.

I accept the lunatic fringe is over represented here on HN - Ferentz is a lizard person, Barta runs a human trafficking ring out of the IMU basement, that sort of stuff - but I would guess the bulk of mainstream Hawk fandom is in agreement it's been, so far, a surprisingly positive course.
HAHA!! Good one!

SmokeTownHawk

Before the start of the season the general consensus from looking at the schedule was that starting out 2-2 was a real possibility. We're 6-1 and already bowl eligible. I'll take it.
In hindsight, the lofty ranking was very premature to begin with; certainly with an on-again, off-again offense. Lots of football yet to be played.

uihawk82

The positive is still the first 6 games of the season especially the 3 Big 10 games and the ISU beatdown. If people could control all aspects of physical and mental effort then a top golfer would win every tournament or Stephon Curry would make every 3 pointer.

The hawks will try to get back on the winning track but they could easily be 6-2 after Wisky game and then go on a tear. The hawks are in a positive position and they still have some great plays running the ball, passing, returning the ball the defending.

trj

If you would have asked me in July if I'd have been happy being 6-1 at this point of the season, I would have been ecstatic!!

I get this argument, but it still bugs me how Iowa got worked by Purdue the way that they did. So it is a 5 year deal before Kirk realizes he has to make adjustments in regards to Purdue?

thedukeofearl

I limited myself to just 1 $9.50 beer inside Kinnick on Saturday.

Damn good thing you didn't have to dig in your wallet again

Best Costanza Wallet GIFs | Gfycat