Saw Fran at Ankeny-Roosevelt game tonight

A lot of respected coaches in Iowa think Peter Jok has a higher ceiling than Harrison Barnes. Whether he reaches that depends on his health and work ethic. But the kid is a big time talent. 5 star talent.

I will get torn down for this but IF Jok stays in the state of Iowa, he will be at ISU. ISU just hired Lefty Moore on and Lefty and Jok are very close. I don't know if he stays in state though as we seem to see all the good talent leave

A lot of respected coaches in Iowa think Peter Jok has a higher ceiling than Harrison Barnes. Whether he reaches that depends on his health and work ethic. But the kid is a big time talent. 5 star talent.

I will get torn down for this but IF Jok stays in the state of Iowa, he will be at ISU. ISU just hired Lefty Moore on and Lefty and Jok are very close. I don't know if he stays in state though as we seem to see all the good talent leave

I think both schools have people that will have Jok's ear. Both schools
will need to win a lot more than they lose next year and based on this weekends performances that is a tall task for each

If he is a Top 25 player, Duke, KU or some other school
will probably pull him.

Last edited:
Back in the day when I saw Haluska play in high school he had one good play in the game and then seemingly coasted the rest of the way. It's absolutely not uncommon for that to appear to be the case with these kids.

As for where he's going, if I had to guess, it would be outside the state. Wake me when one of these guys actually does want to play for ISU or Iowa.

Thats good to hear he does have some Hawk fans in his inner circle. I was led to believe he had a lot of strong cyclone ties around him. He will be a big time recruit and would be huge for Iowa.

Based on what I saw yesterday, I would take him right now, whether coasting and on crutches or otherwise. The fact is his level of talent is far beyond what we have playing for the black and gold at present.

See how the previous poster noted the knee soreness was due to his rapid growth. That is usually not long term.

He did score 25 last night besides apparently taking the night off, not bad for a sophomore.

Let's see, he's a sophomore with sore knees due to growing, a bad back, he's not a game-changer, and he mopes.......and he scored 25 pts.

Yeah, we only want guys with good knees, good attitudes and who don't mope.....even though they're below-average athletes. Yeah, we want more of the same instead of guys who can play.....Yeah, that's exactly what we need.

I had also heard that he's suppose to better than Barnes....obviously down the road a couple of years. That would be crazy to have two elite players come out the state.....and go to Roy Williams.

I had also heard that he's suppose to better than Barnes....obviously down the road a couple of years. That would be crazy to have two elite players come out the state.....and go to Roy Williams.

LaFrentz, Hinrich, and Collison come to mind

It would be nice for Iowa to get Jok and Woodbury. Both will need a little time to fill out, but you can't teach height and they both have good ball skills for their size.

I'd take both of them at Iowa in a heartbeat.

Pete's a great athlete. I also know the adults in his life. I think the kid is great. He's very talented. He's also been hurt three years running.

His brother was about the same height as a soph so I'm not sure about the assumption he will be 7 feet tall. I'm not railing on the kid at all...again he's a great kid. He will be a very good basketball player if he is healthy and on the court. He will help Iowa a lot and fit the system if he's healthy. I'm not convinced he can stay healthy. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he becomes a Hawk and breaks every record in the books and plays 15 years in the NBA. I still think he's fragile...actually I know he is for now.

Jok is related to Luol Deng of the Bulls,who also struggled with injuries for a couple of years,but has stayed healthy the last two seasons. Those Sudanese players tend to be very thin and tall,and might be a bit fragile until they reach a certain age and physical maturity. Deng has worked very hard at his conditioning,added muscle,and is a very good player. I would love to have Peter attend Iowa,and condition his body for the rigors of big time college bb...and any of his fellow sudanese...wonderful length on most of those players.

Jok is related to Luol Deng of the Bulls,who also struggled with injuries for a couple of years,but has stayed healthy the last two seasons. Those Sudanese players tend to be very thin and tall,and might be a bit fragile until they reach a certain age and physical maturity. Deng has worked very hard at his conditioning,added muscle,and is a very good player. I would love to have Peter attend Iowa,and condition his body for the rigors of big time college bb...and any of his fellow sudanese...wonderful length on most of those players.

He is also related to Longar Longar, who is 7-0 too.

It's crazy to me that a lot of people are on here talking like they know Pete, and saying things that are simply not true.

NBA Development League: Longar Longar Playerfile

His brother isn't 7 foot. Anyway, I hope he helps the Riders win a couple state championships in 2012 and 2013, stays healthy and has a great college career. That's it from here.

His brother isn't 7 foot. Anyway, I hope he helps the Riders win a couple state championships in 2012 and 2013, stays healthy and has a great college career. That's it from here.

Who said his brother was 7-foot?

Anyhow, Pete had 22 tonight, but was in foul trouble. Early on it looked like he was going to go for 40.

I talked to him before the game for a few minutes. He was not even sure he could go tonight. Sucked it up though.

He'll have surgery in March to clean up the problem. He has enough offers right now that he does not have to play AAU this summer.

Anyhow, Pete had 22 tonight, but was in foul trouble. Early on it looked like he was going to go for 40.

I talked to him before the game for a few minutes. He was not even sure he could go tonight. Sucked it up though.

He'll have surgery in March to clean up the problem. He has enough offers right now that he does not have to play AAU this summer.

I think the reference to his brother had something to do with a post from a couple days ago. Said Pete was on pace to hit 7' at the rate he's going. But somebody else said his brother was on a similar pace around this age, and he capped out around 6'6' (correct?).

I think the reference to his brother had something to do with a post from a couple days ago. Said Pete was on pace to hit 7' at the rate he's going. But somebody else said his brother was on a similar pace around this age, and he capped out around 6'6' (correct?).

OK. Without going back over the posts, I may have said that he was "on pace" or something to that effect. That remains to be seen. But he is one hell of a SG right where he's at now.

I really love the kid as a person, and obviously love him as a basketball player too. Both he and his brother Dau, are great kids off the court.

You really think a kid as highly touted as Jok wouldn't play AAU this summer? I know he doesn't "need" to, but I just can't see him skipping it. I think the odds are better that he follows Barnes' footsteps and plays for an out of state team than that he doesn't play at all.

You really think a kid as highly touted as Jok wouldn't play AAU this summer? I know he doesn't "need" to, but I just can't see him skipping it. I think the odds are better that he follows Barnes' footsteps and plays for an out of state team than that he doesn't play at all.

I did not say he would not. I said he does not need to. He won't play until at least July. He is going to make sure he is healthy before getting back on the court. He has already been in contact with coaches from some of the bigger programs. They know who he is.

Latest posts