Saturday's High Temp Reaching Dangerous Levels

if iowa plays well and wins ill be able to stand the heat...if they play crappy and lose its gonna be miserable

Im just worried about ******** my pants from all the terrible food Ill eat all morning. ****** pants, cramped in kinnick with the sun beating down sounds like an ideal situation

I've had heat stroke several times it's scary. The last time it was humid and hot as hell. Basically, your body starts shutting down. I stumbled into the house and collapsed on the kitchen floor. I will be feeling damn sorry for the players, but they'll surely have some of the big ac's on the sideline.

I'm curious as to if Iowa will provide misters on the NIU sidelines like they'll have on theirs..It may be a competitive advantage to be in the shade and have misters and leave the other team out to dry. (or bring their own) Just an interesting thought that crossed my mind..

I'm curious as to if Iowa will provide misters on the NIU sidelines like they'll have on theirs..It may be a competitive advantage to be in the shade and have misters and leave the other team out to dry. (or bring their own) Just an interesting thought that crossed my mind..

PSU did NOT bring sideline heaters in 2008, and did not request any from U of I. But in this case, given that there are "official" warnings, I would imagine NIU will bring stuff, or will request it be provided.

i would venture a guess that the UofI will be more concerned with player safety than they will be the competitive advantage. if NIU doesn't bring their own, i guarantee iowa will provide them

I've had heat stroke several times it's scary. The last time it was humid and hot as hell. Basically, your body starts shutting down. I stumbled into the house and collapsed on the kitchen floor. I will be feeling damn sorry for the players, but they'll surely have some of the big ac's on the sideline.
I have had heat exhaustion which is a precursor to heat stroke. I was 37 and exercising (walking long distances) outside. I carried and drank lots of water. It was hot but I thought I was doing alright. Despite this, I was suddenly aware that I had slowed down and it became a struggle to walk. I barely made it home. Stumbling, confusion...nausea...I was bad off for days. Since then I don't do well in the heat.

I am to lazy to look but I am pretty sure my Dish Network only has 1 alternate channel for BTN. Even if they can put it on a 2nd alternate channel, are there not financial implications for doing that?

DirecTV has 5 BTN channels. DIRECTV Big Ten Network on DIRECTV

Dish also has 5. Whatever the main BTN is, and 9501 - 9504.

There are probably some financial implications of doing it, but really, the only people watching UI vs NIU are UI and NIU fans for the most part. It's not like it's a national draw. And the player / fan health is more important than some extra $$ for BTN in my opinion.

I tailgate and have seats with 7 other people. We have modified our game-day plans and adopted the following policies:

1. Bring as much water into Kinnick as the U of I will allow.

2. Skip the beer for this week. There are plenty of other opportunities this season to drink.

3. Tailgate at a friends house, where we can go inside if it gets too hot, instead of our normal location.

D. I will be wearing a hat at an Iowa game for the first time.... EVER! I don't want to have blisters on my face on Monday morning, and I don't think sunscreen will do the trick this time.

5. Lots of deodorant and a change of underwear for the ride home in case swamp-*** sets in during the day

If anyone has any further recommendations or suggestions, I'm all ears.

People with health conditions that can't be in the heat should use their nog and not attend. People who are obese and will smell and sweat on those sitting around them in sunny conditions should not attend because I don't want to smell you or have your sweaty arms or legs rub up against me. People who are so pussified that they worry about watching their favorite team when it's too hot out should not attend; and instead join the cyclown nation as you are weak genetic material and not wanted or needed in this fan base. All others who want to watch our team on Saturday rain, wind, or snow, ill see your dumb assess at Kinnick!
So basically, you want the game to be played in an empty stadium.

There is a silver lining to all of this. The hospital is right across the street.
The real silver lining is that after we lose or barely escape by the skin of our teeth, the meltdown on here won't be nearly as bad because most posters will still be in the hospital suffering from heatstroke.

For the record, there have been way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many references to what guys are planning to do vis a vis their underwear on Saturday. Just sayin.

In college football, each team supplies their own sideline heating/cooling elements. NIU needs to bring their own if they want them.

I tailgate and have seats with 7 other people. We have modified our game-day plans and adopted the following policies:

1. Bring as much water into Kinnick as the U of I will allow.

2. Skip the beer for this week. There are plenty of other opportunities this season to drink.

3. Tailgate at a friends house, where we can go inside if it gets too hot, instead of our normal location.

D. I will be wearing a hat at an Iowa game for the first time.... EVER! I don't want to have blisters on my face on Monday morning, and I don't think sunscreen will do the trick this time.

5. Lots of deodorant and a change of underwear for the ride home in case swamp-*** sets in during the day

If anyone has any further recommendations or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Why skip the beer? Enjoy a few and celebrate the start of the best time of year. Just make sure you are hydrating while you're drinking.

Also, as you said, the change of clothes to bring with is ESSENTIAL.

Latest posts