Same Ol...Same Ol...Same Ol Hawkeyes

His comments are understandable, although his motives might not be pure.

This was a freak win, the best of all, where Iowa probably should have lost, but won ugly, against a team that is filled with hacks, and vs one of your biggest rivals, a thorn in the flesh for the entire program.

It is not often you win a game after being 12 down with 7 minutes to play. And although you rely on the 3-point shot you shoot 15%, and your team contributes 4 points from the bench.

The stars were aligned for sure. I think the trapping game Iowa used eventually wore down Wisconsin. It seemed that Wisconsin lost their aggression to attack the zone once it was broken. Perhaps they had some choke and fright in them when the tide turned, but they looked pretty gassed.

Great win, that certainly looked to be a reach with 7 minutes to play. This team has some real grit.

Toussaint and CJ both really lights out for freshmen, who were "lower level" recruits.

How nice the king of Badger BB hacks...was called for a flagrant foul vs CMac. Exposed for what he is and they are.

I'm starting to agree with the theory that refs had a talking to about the home court advantage. It seemed like every time they called a foul on Wisconsin, the whistle came a dull second late. Like they thought "damn I HAVE to call that one". Luka should have fouled out the entire team as bad as wisconsin was hacking him. Hopefully the refs keep up this trend tuesday and get us the win to help even their home/away stats some.

You knew it was coming. Fran once again gets owned by a mediocre Wisconsin team. Quite sad actually.

Talk about not waiting until the fat lady sings or actually wait until the clock is at 0:00 or ESPN puts the win probability at 100%, ha.

And revkev73 and others should know that wisconsin was hot at the beginning of the 2nd half and then slowly cooled off. The hawks extended the defense and pressed and wisky didnt adjust.

Most times a team with a 12 point lead with 7 minutes to go will win but wisky is a mediocre team on the road who was shooting very well. In this case 7 minutes can be a long time as it is basically 5 possessions. Wisky was probably a 75% winner at that time but....

Wisky missed 3 shots and had 3 turnovers while the hawks got hot and the stats started to even out.

This is the second time he’s done this before the game was over in a game we ended up winning. He’s truly a tool of epic proportions.

I thought a few times about banning this clown, but then we'd miss out on laughing about the idiocy.

Is it possible he is an elite-level reverse-jinxer? The whole key to Hawkeye success? Don't mess with it, it is working.

He's gonna get a lot of opportunities in the coming weeks

EPYVZDTW4AAV16l

I said awhile back that almost every game left is between 60-40 and 40-60. Turns out I was right on that one. The OSU game is dumb tho. When are results on the court going to matter for them?

He's gonna get a lot of opportunities in the coming weeks

EPYVZDTW4AAV16l
Just based on these percentages, Iowa is 11-9. Win all the home games and lose the roadies. Not going to win a title doing that, but definitely a trip to the Dance. Projecting out this season is tougher than usual - just trying to enjoy one game at a time.

Last edited:
Off-topic, but apparently there was a choke-off for upper-midwest basketball teams last night.

Wisconsin blows 12-point lead with 7 minutes left.

T-Wolves say, "Hold my beer." They blew a 17-point lead with 3 minutes left. Teams with a 17-point lead at the 3 minute mark had been 8,378 - 0 throughout the history of the NBA. That record is now 8,378 - 1.

Off-topic, but apparently there was a choke-off for upper-midwest basketball teams last night.

Wisconsin blows 12-point lead with 7 minutes left.

T-Wolves say, "Hold my beer." They blew a 17-point lead with 3 minutes left. Teams with a 17-point lead at the 3 minute mark had been 8,378 - 0 throughout the history of the NBA. That record is now 8,378 - 1.

And here's the play that sent it to overtime ... basically. :)