Sally's leaving! Predict 2015 record

Sparky

September
5Illinois State (FF)
12at Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
19Pittsburgh
26North Texas
October
3at Wisconsin
10Illinois (Homecoming)
17at Northwestern
24Bye
31Maryland (FW)
November
7at Indiana
14Minnesota
21Purdue (S)
27at Nebraska (Hy-Vee Heroes Game)

I'm taking Iowa at straight up 12-0 going into the playoffs.

Ferentz should really be able to open up the playbook and focus on winning.

I'm having shirts drawn up as we speak. PM me if you want one. Jon, I'll give you yours free.

front.jpg
back.jpg

Agree on 12-0, Sparky. The Wicked Witch of the east bank is dead. Nothing stopping Kirk now. I'll take one of those shirts; where do I send my money? I'll spring for Jon's, too.

I get the sarcasm, and I've stayed out of the argument mainly because I don't know for sure what impact SM had on the football program. I've read both sides. All I know is that her leaving clearly won't translate into instant victory for Iowa, but a more "pro-sports" type of president couldn't hurt either right? I mean who thinks Barta is doing a bang up job? Not me. Who has kept Barta employed?

Hey, Sparky
Everything Iowa Football-related is locked in place for 2015. No changes (I assume you missed KF's press conference). The potential changes to any Iowa athletic programs can happen when/if Sally's replacement fires Gary Barta. I don't think anyone has said that Sally leaving will have any affect on 2015.
So, therefore, thusly, henceforth, your post makes no sense.

But I'll say 7-5. We'll win a few due to CJ and we'll lose a few that we shouldn't due to KF.

Kirk treats non-conference like NFL Pre-Season since he has no National Championship aspirations, so 2-2 there...then 4-4 in conference...6-6 overall and another "Bowl championship" shot.

I don't think the athletic department will improve immediately. I mean jeez, she is gonna be around for 1/2 of 2015. I do know the Iowa athletic department will be in much better shape 5 years remove from her incompetency though.

Last edited:
I get the sarcasm, and I've stayed out of the argument mainly because I don't know for sure what impact SM had on the football program. I've read both sides. All I know is that her leaving clearly won't translate into instant victory for Iowa, but a more "pro-sports" type of president couldn't hurt either right? I mean who thinks Barta is doing a bang up job? Not me. Who has kept Barta employed?

I think you answered your own question of not knowing for sure of SM's impact on football when you asked "Who kept Barta employed?"

Last edited:
14-1. Tough national championship game loss, as Sally won't be out until July 31. Probably would win it if she'd get out right now.

I go with 8 wins but no more. Weak schedule again and we have two of our losses at home in Minny and the Twerps. I think 3-1 in non-conf with renewed emphasis on maybe actually out game planning the opponent.

We will probably lose to ISU but we shouldnt. Lose at Wisky and probably at Nebby.

Latest posts