Sally's leaving! Predict 2015 record

Today at work we talked about starting a pool to predict Barta's departure date. First things first and all that.

I get the sarcasm, and I've stayed out of the argument mainly because I don't know for sure what impact SM had on the football program. I've read both sides. All I know is that her leaving clearly won't translate into instant victory for Iowa, but a more "pro-sports" type of president couldn't hurt either right? I mean who thinks Barta is doing a bang up job? Not me. Who has kept Barta employed?

If anyone from the University of Iowa, at any level, at any point says that Gary Barta is doing a good job, they should be shot & fired on the spot. We are dead last in the B1G in sports, and it isnt even close. Ok Purdue is quite pathetic, but they are not making our coin. Considering the resources, that is beyond pathetic.

OP say that GB is doing a fine job fund raising. Really now? It isn't the AD @ UI, it is Iowa. Us fanatics. Not Barta. It wasn’t Bowlsby either. Not the AD. Look no further than the recent $5 million donation. It had nothing to do with the AD. Collecting money at Iowa is too easy. Collecting the right coaches, and promoting the programs, and winning is what matters. Iowa has failed miserably.

Is vanilla a record? If so, then we all know what that'll be for 2015. Oh, pretty much what we've seen off and on for 16 years.......

Sparky, now that Sally Mason will not be president when the Hawks next take the field, do you think Kirk will be more inclined to run a speed-up, no huddle offense to keep defenders guessing, or less?

Is vanilla a record? If so, then we all know what that'll be for 2015. Oh, pretty much what we've seen off and on for 16 years.......

WADR, I'm seeing peppermint swirl with whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and a cherry on top. Awesome!

I really think that since Sally resigned, that our basketball team has a real chance of making the NCAA tournament. I mean with Sally as President this BB team made 1 NCAA tournament, and it took her 8 years to accomplish it. With Sally's announced resignation they will get a NCAA birth in just a few months.

I also really like the Wrestling team's chances of winning a National Championship since Sally has resigned.

I also really like the Wrestling team's chances of winning a National Championship since Sally has resigned.

Speaking of the wrestling team.....who watched last night? Did you see Brands and one of the Illini coaches jawing at the end.....? Brands was hot when Duroe interviewed him.....crazy

Sparky, now that Sally Mason will not be president when the Hawks next take the field, do you think Kirk will be more inclined to run a speed-up, no huddle offense to keep defenders guessing, or less?

Due to Sally's previous involvement with recruiting Iowa doesnt have the personnel to run anything other than what they've done since she came to Iowa.

Her involvement goes very deep. More than just surface stuff.

0-12 obviously.

Every news report and article I've read about Dr. Sally's retirement points out that she "rebuilt the University of Iowa after The Flood." She's retiring since carpal tunnel got the best of her after clinging to the shovel she used in rebuilding the uni.

Only she could rebuild football program after The StaleOffense-RecruitingDisadvantage-AlbatrossContract-CoachTurnover Flood that KFootball has endured.

Wow, I didn't realize how easy their schedule actually was until looking it over. They should be favored in all but two(maybe 3 with Pitt) of those games. 6-6 and the new prez cleans house.

I also like the chances that Brands will never again wear the sweater Sally got him for Christmas.

B9315747126Z.1_20150105193336_000_GHQ9JLC4U.1-0.jpg

To be serious our non conference is more difficult than it looks.
LOL, no, it's not. We have a 1-AA team, 2-10 ISU, 6-7 Pitt, and 4-8 North Texas. A real football program sees that as cupcake city. Because we suck, it becomes "more difficult than it looks. Freaking pathetic.

Latest posts