Sally's leaving! Predict 2015 record

Due to Sally's previous involvement with recruiting Iowa doesnt have the personnel to run anything other than what they've done since she came to Iowa.

Her involvement goes very deep. More than just surface stuff.

Smart analysis. So I guess we're looking at potential change showing itself in four, maybe five years. Sally Mason has already ruined the class that will soon be returning letters of intent. It'll be another year before a new, athletics-friendly president is installed and begins to tell Kirk Ferentz the kind of recruits he needs to -- no, scratch that -- is allowed to recruit. Another year or two for Kirk to begin locating those athletes and getting them on board. Then, of course, there'll be the freshman redshirt year and another year or two standing on the sidelines watching a senior play that position.

So what, is that up to six or seven years before Iowa starts reaping the benefit of these non-Mason recruits? But Kirk's contract only runs to 2020. Barta better be readying that extension now!

Big win for the BB team today in the post Sally ERA. Great first steps in digging out of the grave that Sally dug and buried the BB team in while she was President. Go get em Fran, Sally can't keep you down any longer!!

She also apparently painted the Carver locker rooms pink.

I know for a fact they had enough paint left over to paint the water tower......but old Sally said no way, I'm putting all my efforts into the BB program, get me Todd Lickliters number we wanna win BB championships!!

Until the next president gains their footing and a place on the national stage, Iowa football will place fewer players in the NFL. Due to Sally Mason's deep involvement in recruiting, she was widely respected among scouts in the league for her ability to recognize future talent, especially on the line, and turn them over to Kirk Ferentz to develop 1- and no-stars into tough, disciplined athletes who play on Sundays.

Without Sally Mason, I predict the Hawks have only one player taken in this year's draft.

By comparison, the research grants received at the UI are around 5 times what the athletic department generates. The success of an athletic department is good PR for a school, but the real money for a university is in the research money it gets. With that said, I would like to see the UI hire someone who understands the PR value of a good athletic department. He or she doesn't even need to be well versed in sports, just be supportive of it and understand its intrinsic value to the university. Boyd understood it, so did Friedman, Coleman and Skorton. I never got the sense Mason did.

Last edited:

Latest posts