Running Back Situation

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
All assumptions and hearsay included...

Assume Jewel is suspended for a little while.
Assume Wegher is ineligible.

Who do you see stepping up:

A-Rob obviously, then who? Rogers? Coker?

Thoughts?

A-Rob. He has the game experience.

I can see one of the freshmen being a back up. Just who it will be depends on preseason practice results.

Yeah that running back depth "problem" we had is coming in pretty handy right now.

Ugh. Crazy how things always work out at this position. A-rob would obviously be the starter but my thought is Rodgers would get a heavy load of carries against Eastern Illinois. I still think you redshirt Coker as i assume any suspension will be short lived.

Well hopefully if they don't get kicked off the team they will have more motive to get in shape and hope to play. Sad these guys can't keep a lower profile, hard to do when everyone else is downtown.

I think assuming jewel is suspended for anything more than 1 game is stretching it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a half. There is a difference in KF's book between college kids being college kids and being stupid. He wasn't fighting, he didn't resist arrest, he wasn't passed out in an alley.

Is Wegher really ineligible? Grades have been out for a long time and if it was true you'd think we would of heard definite news by now.

I think assuming jewel is suspended for anything more than 1 game is stretching it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a half. There is a difference in KF's book between college kids being college kids and being stupid. He wasn't fighting

You might want to do a quick fact check on this.

Actually, I didn't think that Jason White looked too bad at RB in the spring game. Had kind of a Damian Sims-like skill set.

All assumptions and hearsay included...

Assume Jewel is suspended for a little while.
Assume Wegher is ineligible.

Who do you see stepping up:

A-Rob obviously, then who? Rogers? Coker?

Thoughts?

Wegher ineligiable??? Did i miss something? When did this rumor come from?

Wegher ineligiable??? Did i miss something? When did this rumor come from?
Rumor that's been around for a month or two that Wegher had issues the spring semester. Rumors are that, but I am just asking this purely on speculation, not fact or anything close to that.

The police around here also like to make things up on police reports whether people want to believe that or not. I have been a part of that dog and pony show before

First of all I don't think Wegher has an issue and I think Jewel will miss 2 games at most....and probably 1. If we need these two against Eastern we have issues.

If this scenario does play out though I think we would have:
1. A ROB
2. ROGERS
3. COKER
4. White
5. PAKI