Rumor Mill

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Browsed over to HR and saw this post explaining why a poll about firing Fran was taken down from the site...

Think it's true?

Screenshot_2018-01-22-22-46-37-1.png

If the U of I, or any of its departments, has time to monitor message boards, I guess it COULD be true.

Let me assure you every athletic department trolls message boards and twitter/facebook. It's usually some sort of intern but there is somebody always monitoring things.

When Purdue was down a couple of years ago their message board probably had a poll on whether they should fire Painter too. It happens.

I could be wrong but hasn't Iowa had a history of strong arming some in the media before? I seem to remember Jon having stories. Not just his story about Alford and meeting him in his office but football too? I could be remembering things way off base here but it seems like when the negative train starts rolling Iowa likes to try controlling the narrative to whatever extent they can.

I could be wrong but hasn't Iowa had a history of strong arming some in the media before? I seem to remember Jon having stories. Not just his story about Alford and meeting him in his office but football too? I could be remembering things way off base here but it seems like when the negative train starts rolling Iowa likes to try controlling the narrative to whatever extent they can.

Iowa has taken action against the media in the past. Jon can speak better to what happened with HN before I returned a few years ago. I don't know the whole story. I think it was a column that Dave S wrote about KF after '14 season.

I'm wouldn't say that Iowa is above trying to influence the message being sent out. It has a lot at stake and like most big businesses tries to keep things as positive as possible. That said, the sweeting narrative by some that think Iowa media members will lose credentials based on negative reports about the Hawkeyes is out to lunch.