Rumor floating around on Devries

What might be a good thing for Iowa would be for Matt Gatens to be hired by Drake, have success, Frank retires, and Gatens comes home.
Gatens seems pretty green still. That said greener guys then him have been hired for jobs similar to Drakes. It'd be surprising if he got it but not the craziest thing ever. I couldn't see him not taking it if offered that's for sure. It'll be interesting where Drake goes with that hire that's for sure.

Gatens seems pretty green still. That said greener guys then him have been hired for jobs similar to Drakes. It'd be surprising if he got it but not the craziest thing ever. I couldn't see him not taking it if offered that's for sure. It'll be interesting where Drake goes with that hire that's for sure.
Agreed, he is still pretty young and inexperienced. As for him getting the job, it may help that Gatens was an ass't coach at Drake for 4 years before coming to Iowa so the familiarity is there. Give him 5 successful years and hopefully he's qualified and ready.

Agreed, he is still pretty young and inexperienced. As for him getting the job, it may help that Gatens was an ass't coach at Drake for 4 years before coming to Iowa so the familiarity is there. Give him 5 successful years and hopefully he's qualified and ready.
Yeah I'm wondering about some of the other guys out there too like Dean Oliver he's been at Wisky for awhile now. Jeff Horner he's the HC at a smaller school down in MO. It feels like in a few yrs Iowa could have some options to have an Iowa guy be in the mix. Goetz is an interesting X factor in all of it. How much patience will she have with Fran? New ADs often want to put their own stamps on things but will she? She's inherited 3 really long tenured coaches with KF, Fran and Lisa. My guess is Fran would be first to go but any of them really could on their own.

He prefers the Appalachia over large ranches and oil fields
West Virginia has beautiful terrain. I take the train rather than fly most places. The trip through West Virginia, complete with the tunnels. No prairie blizzards, no Sahara like summers.

Add basketball to the major sports at Iowa that needs a major overhaul.
Between Football,wrestling and MBB Iowa needs to shake things up. Big time.

Add basketball to the major sports at Iowa that needs a major overhaul.
Between Football,wrestling and MBB Iowa needs to shake things up. Big time.

Just think if Iowa didn't have the women's team doing what they are doing now. Ugh!

Thank gawd for them making Iowa being mentioned in the media.

Latest posts