Rudock promoted to 2nd string QB

How soon some forget rudock resurrected this team coming off a 4 and 8 season. Rudock was also all but shown the door after the bowl game and he never had one disparaging thing to say about kirk or the program. Good hard working kid with talent which is why it was never a easy decision for kirk. Hope he gets an opportunity to see the field.

-------and he never had one disparaging thing to say about kirk or the program.

No, but he "hand crafted" some well thought out opinions about how things were done at Michigan, that made Iowa look bad. Pause.............come to thing of it, he was just telling the truth about Iowa and Ferments. Never mind, I actually like the young lad.

If Rudock is playing the Lions are in deep trouble. This is simply a cost savings move when you have a guy like Stafford.

Always liked Jake, always will. Glad he had a good run at Michigan, much as I hate the team. Kind of thought he might spend a few years in the NFL as at least a back up. Appreciated what he did at Iowa, in spite of the guy running the show...yes, I mean Davis and his offensive (pun intended) strategies. Always thought Jake handled himself with class while being heavily criticized by internet genius's. And, I am reminded of the Northwestern U. chant when it comes to his future: "That's all right. That's OK. You will all work for us some day..."

How soon some forget rudock resurrected this team coming off a 4 and 8 season. Rudock was also all but shown the door after the bowl game and he never had one disparaging thing to say about kirk or the program. Good hard working kid with talent which is why it was never a easy decision for kirk. Hope he gets an opportunity to see the field.

Rudock is a smart guy and player, which probably helped him get to where he is now with the Lions. We have to remember that he played in Greg Davis's offense and never really given the green light to throw downfield.

Always liked Jake, always will. Glad he had a good run at Michigan, much as I hate the team. Kind of thought he might spend a few years in the NFL as at least a back up. Appreciated what he did at Iowa, in spite of the guy running the show...yes, I mean Davis and his offensive (pun intended) strategies. Always thought Jake handled himself with class while being heavily criticized by internet genius's. And, I am reminded of the Northwestern U. chant when it comes to his future: "That's all right. That's OK. You will all work for us some day..."

Now when he gets into a game in the NFL, we all will hear "ex-Michigan QB Jake Rudock". Again, Iowa won't get any credit for having a QB in the NFL, even when Jake spent 3 years here. UGH!!

He'll be the perfect clipboard holder. He's as smart as they get at learning everything. He conducted himself like a pro while he was in college. He'll never have his name in the paper for something happening after midnight. So long as he can show a little promise in the preseason like he did last year he'll set himself up for a nice long career. And who knows all it takes is an opportunity to play and then there ya go.

The Lions will be just fine...as long as he continues to hold that clipboard instead of the football. Nothing against Jake, I just think he's better in the supporting role, rather than leading man.

The Lions will be just fine...as long as he continues to hold that clipboard instead of the football. Nothing against Jake, I just think he's better in the supporting role, rather than leading man.
Yup yup. He's not ready for prime time yet. Like most clipboard holders they can probably come in for a series or two here and there and do well. But If you turn the starting role over to them for a few games then they'll get exposed.

So let me get this straight. According to some on here, the Iowa coaches got it wrong, the Michigan coaches got it wrong, the NFL scouts/talent evaluators got it wrong, the Detroit GM/coaches got it wrong by drafting him, and now they got it wrong by promoting him to 2nd string... but some dudes who post on here are definitely certain that JR is still not that good.

Ok, I just needed to talk that one through. Thanks for the help.

Not sure he would. CJB doesn't improve his pocket presence he'd get blasted in the NFL.
True CJ isn't a finished product by any means. I was just saying that to be funny more then anything. Anything is just about possible I'd say in the crazy NFL world.

Latest posts