RPU just improved 11 points

SpiderRico

We're now at 75. Win Nebby and 1st round BTT and we're probably around 68. Even if we lose 2nd round, it'll be to either Wisky or MSU and at a neutral site, we finish at probably 65. Will .500 in B1G, 21-12 record, and a 65 RPI (top 30 ken pom) be enough?

Probably need to get to the finals of the BTT (and knock off the high seeds along the way) to realistically have a chance.

They may not make it by just winning 2 in the tournament (I think they would) but to say they wouldn't realistically have a chance is just wrong.

I really, really wish the RPI wasn't that important here. We're right there by every other method that exists.

Probably need to get to the finals of the BTT (and knock off the high seeds along the way) to realistically have a chance.

You need to stop listening to Seth Davis and listen to real experts.

...Like me for instance.

Beat Nebby and win 1st round BTT and I'm running around Chicago singing the Iowa fight song. (Because we're dancing)

We're now at 75. Win Nebby and 1st round BTT and we're probably around 68. Even if we lose 2nd round, it'll be to either Wisky or MSU and at a neutral site, we finish at probably 65. Will .500 in B1G, 21-12 record, and a 65 RPI (top 30 ken pom) be enough?

It sure seems like a compelling argument given the other bubble teams. .500 in the best conference with 3 wins over top 50 in MN, WI and IL

I'd be surprised at making it with just a first round win and I've been pretty ******* optimistic all year.

Beating Nebraska at home is not going to move Iowa's RPI very much, 2 maybe 3 at the most. I hate to keep repeating this but we need Iowa State to beat Oklahoma State tomorrow to climb back into the top 50. That and beating Nebraska could get Iowa's RPI down to 69/70.

Beating Nebraska at home is not going to move Iowa's RPI very much, 2 maybe 3 at the most. I hate to keep repeating this but we need Iowa State to beat Oklahoma State tomorrow to climb back into the top 50. That and beating Nebraska could get Iowa's RPI down to 69/70.

Or if ISU loses out that opens up a tourney spot

2 wins and a loss to MSU would put us in the mid 60's. That might be enuf

I agree, I think if Iowa can get their RPI below 70 they have a good shot at getting in. Losing to MSU in the 2nd round will not raise their RPI, in fact it might improve it since it helps the SOS and is on a neutral court.

Whats the lowest RPI to ever make it? Someone in the 60's last year if I remember right

Since the formula changed in 2005:

The lowest rated teams to get at-large bids (ALB): #67 USC, #64 Marquette (2011), #63 NC State (2005), #63 Stanford (2007).

Who cares?!? Enjoy the ride!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Latest posts