RPI is a joke

Fran wants to replace the UNI with a big dog.[/QUOTE

It sounds good but I broke it down earlier in the year you can still play UNI and play a Big dog. Keep UNI and play a big dog instead of Campbell, Chicago St., Boise St, Northern Illinois... You have plenty of space to do that. UNI seems like a freebie to me since they are so close, you play a home and home and they seem to play a strong schedule so their RPI/SOS/KenPom is good enough.

To play a big dog you will not find a home and home. UNC and DUKE will not play Iowa in a home and home as they have nothing to gain based on where their programs are.

Right, they place too much emphasis on Oponents and Opponents opponents winning percentage. Couple that with home wins being discounted and road wins being more than twice the value of a home win and you run into problems.

I never once state Iowa's OOC schedule was impressive. In fact it is terrible.

What do i take out of this?
Iowa MUST play in a non-conference tournament on a neutral site. The win is worth nearly twice as much.

NEVER play a team predicted to be lower than 200 in the RPI especially at home.

Wow, you just don't get it and keep embarrassing yourself. The Hawks have a low RPI because of their extremely poor on court performance, you continue denying this by complaining about the RPI, and all you are accomplishing is making yourself look foolish.

Wow, you just don't get it and keep embarrassing yourself. The Hawks have a low RPI because of their extremely poor on court performance, you continue denying this by complaining about the RPI, and all you are accomplishing is making yourself look foolish.

Im getting sick of your ***** *** name calling.

I understand, and i agree with the philosophy for this year. But the schedule better look alot different next year. We are better off playing and losing to 'Cuse, Duke, UNC etc. than we are winning against N. Illinois and Chicago St. at home.
I would be willing to bet the schedule will be just as weak next year.I would even say worse,just don't know if that's possible.

Im getting sick of your ***** *** name calling.

umad-300x224.jpg

seriously though, this thread just makes you sound really butt hurt and whiney. the problem isnt with RPI, it's just that Iowa isnt that good this year and their OOC schedule was super weak. get over it.

I'm guessing if iowa was in the top 50 or so you'd have absolutely no issue with RPI at all.

umad-300x224.jpg

seriously though, this thread just makes you sound really butt hurt and whiney. the problem isnt with RPI, it's just that Iowa isnt that good this year and their OOC schedule was super weak. get over it.

I'm guessing if iowa was in the top 50 or so you'd have absolutely no issue with RPI at all.

images

umad-300x224.jpg

RPI does good things for the school so of course I would personally be happy with it however I recognize its flaws as a tool.

Hawk Non Conference Wins and their current records:

Chicago St 3-20
NC A&T 10-15
Northern IL 2-19
IPFW 10-14
Brown 7-16
Drake 13-11
Central Ark 7-14
Boise St 10-12

TOTAL 62-121

Are you seriously this ignorant about college basketball?

That's impressive and Iowa's not a bubble team. That's a shocker!!

Right, they place too much emphasis on Oponents and Opponents opponents winning percentage. Couple that with home wins being discounted and road wins being more than twice the value of a home win and you run into problems.

I never once state Iowa's OOC schedule was impressive. In fact it is terrible.

What do i take out of this?
Iowa MUST play in a non-conference tournament on a neutral site. The win is worth nearly twice as much.

NEVER play a team predicted to be lower than 200 in the RPI especially at home.

sorry, that wasnt meant to be a retort to you, I will was just stating some opinions/facts on where Iowa sits.

Latest posts