Roy Williams Postgame

I have not seen a lot of his post-game interviews, and I generally have high regard for him, but this was strange and not at all complimentary of his opponents. Not his best night.

Well his team did play like absolute **** in almost every way except on the offensive glass. At that point, I'd probably be too focused on my frustration to be complimentary, too.

I listened to some of the pregame interview Roy did with Dolph.

I came away from both those interviews liking Roy Williams a little more. I suppose that's easier to do when were getting the best of him, rather than him taking our best players out of state.

Roy is doing a remarkable job avoiding bursting into bloody tears.....

Remarkable, I say.....

This loss really Hurt him.....

My Joy is impossible to express.....

:cool:

I have not seen a lot of his post-game interviews, and I generally have high regard for him, but this was strange and not at all complimentary of his opponents. Not his best night.

He actually, while frustrated with his own teams effort, seemed very gratuitous towards Fran and Iowa.

Well his team did play like absolute **** in almost every way except on the offensive glass. At that point, I'd probably be too focused on my frustration to be complimentary, too.

To be fair, his guys were probably really thrown off... what with actually having to go to class and take finals now.

You mean he should have complimented us on our masonry?

If I were him I wouldn't have said anything complimentary either - it would have been a lie and insulting to the other coach.

That was a pretty horrendous performance by both teams.

I'm not seeing what your seeing. It was rather entertaining and I didn't see any digs at Iowa. He never said anything that wasn't true.

"I'm sure that was a good win for them."

Watching Sportcenter....they hardly gave Iowa any credit in the win. When Marcus took his last shot in the highlight, the Sportscenter guys said "We need to make this and Carolina falls short." Only talked about shots Gesell made. Everything else about Carolina all the way from their pregame in the locker room.

the media....be it sports, political, or whatever...has never been more agenda-driven, pathetic and completely without integrity.

On a side note. It's surreal watching a kid lead Duke to a W over Wisconsin and interviewed on ESPN when he was in your backyard at a high school grad party just 5 months ago

"I'm sure that was a good win for them."

Watching Sportcenter....they hardly gave Iowa any credit in the win. When Marcus took his last shot in the highlight, the Sportscenter guys said "We need to make this and Carolina falls short." Only talked about shots Gesell made. Everything else about Carolina all the way from their pregame in the locker room.

Just saw the highlights on ESPN and couldn't believe all the love for UNC, you would never had known Iowa won until the last few seconds. They never showed one highlight for Iowa in the 1st half, it was all about UNC on the glass. It was pretty obvious who Dickie V wanted to win the game as well.

Roy is doing a remarkable job avoiding bursting into bloody tears.....

Remarkable, I say.....

This loss really Hurt him.....AHHH Nothing like a cup of hot steaming coffee in the morning after the win in Chapel and reading what Roy Slimeballs said.
Ahhh I think I will have a good day today!

My Joy is impossible to express.....

:cool:

Last edited:
I could careless what ESPN or Dickie V did or didn't say. They're Blue Blood supporters always have been always will be. UNC is 86-3 at home. They don't take it to kindly when you beat them on their home court.

Roy has always been an arrogant, pouty baby. Famous for losing to inferior opponents. Left Kansas program with violations. Presiding over another scandal at UNC. (good old Roy surely did not know what was going on with the athletes not having to do any academic work, did he?) Just another snake oil salesman in the mold of Lou Holtz, Calipari, etc.

I could careless what ESPN or Dickie V did or didn't say. They're Blue Blood supporters always have been always will be. UNC is 86-3 at home. They don't take it to kindly when you beat them on their home court.

I believe that mark was isolated to the Roy Williams era alone. On a similar note, he led a Kansas team against Iowa with a national-best winning streak at home one cold night. You know where this is going, obviously. But of COURSE it wasn't on December 3rd, ranked 12th, by 5 points! It on on the 8th, ranked 10th, by 4. :cool:

Roy can have that we are better then you attitude. On most days they are they have way more talent then Iowa does without a doubt. Hand it to the Hawks they ground it out and found a win always love to bet a guy who decided not to stick in his home state. with that said i wish him the best of luck in his career...until he faces another Iowa team.

Just saw the highlights on ESPN and couldn't believe all the love for UNC, you would never had known Iowa won until the last few seconds. They never showed one highlight for Iowa in the 1st half, it was all about UNC on the glass. It was pretty obvious who Dickie V wanted to win the game as well.

They could have at least showed a couple of Iowa's dunks in the first half.. Gesell's steal and dunk, and then Olaseni catching that baseball pass and flushing it. Both of those were highlight reel worthy IMO. But no.

If for no other reason than potential recruits seeing Iowa do some flashy things, too. In case they missed the actual game.

Latest posts