Roy Williams Postgame

If Fran had talked about Iowa players the way Williams talked about his, this message board would have lighted up with "...Fran threw his players under the bus!"

They could have at least showed a couple of Iowa's dunks in the first half.. Gesell's steal and dunk, and then Olaseni catching that baseball pass and flushing it. Both of those were highlight reel worthy IMO. But no.

If for no other reason than potential recruits seeing Iowa do some flashy things, too. In case they missed the actual game.
I thought the same thing. Who cut that highlight real cause like what others have said you wouldn't even know Iowa won the game from that. They certainly should have shown those two plays and MGs layup 3 pt play at the end. UNC hardly did anything highlight worthy. Maybe the steal/breakaway they had right before half but other then that geez. Chris Hassell must not have been in on that. He's an espn guy now that was in Des Moines for years at WHO. He's a Hawk fan I think he went to Iowa but I could be wrong about that.

If Fran had talked about Iowa players the way Williams talked about his, this message board would have lighted up with "...Fran threw his players under the bus!"

No the message boards would have been screaming that we have soft players who can't shoot and can't make a bunny.

No the message boards would have been screaming that we have soft players who can't shoot and can't make a bunny.

I’m convinced this message board would find something to complain about if the Hawks won a national championship. I would see it going something like this...

Yeah fine we won but the recruits that we have locked in for next year are weak. Why did Fran except those recruits so early? Get ready for a long year next year cause we lose our best shooter how will we ever replace the quality player that Josh has become?

I appreciate the fact that we won and it really doesn't matter how....Iowa wanted that game more than Roy's boys...period....If Roy wants to throw his kids under the bus for missing shots, so be it....He is surrounded by High School All-Americans on his bench, and we all watched what happens if kids don't play like that....Roy made the decision to sit them because they were not ready to play, and Iowa just simply played better the last 5 minutes....Screw Roy and NC....Fran has who he has and we will watch them each time they're on and hopefully this win will light a fire and keep it going all season....I also felt Roy said some complimentary things about our program/kids....He's just pi$$ed b/c his own kids played like dog $hit.....and he has to live w/that, adjust, and come out ready to play the next game just like our kids do...

Sounded like he gave a lot of credit to Iowa. I'd be upset if my team shot 27% and got beat to every loose ball, too.

dear Roy, stay the (slang and really crude term for the act of sexual intercourse) out of Iowa, you aren't welcome to this state's recruits any longer. Sincerely, the entire population of Iowa

I believe that mark was isolated to the Roy Williams era alone. On a similar note, he led a Kansas team against Iowa with a national-best winning streak at home one cold night. You know where this is going, obviously. But of COURSE it wasn't on December 3rd, ranked 12th, by 5 points! It on on the 8th, ranked 10th, by 4. :cool:

WE'RE GOING TO THE SWEET 16 THIS YEAR!!!!

I’m convinced this message board would find something to complain about if the Hawks won a national championship.

This is pretty much what all sports message boards are like. There's always a group of people who are worried about something from the future. *******.

Just saw the highlights on ESPN and couldn't believe all the love for UNC, you would never had known Iowa won until the last few seconds. They never showed one highlight for Iowa in the 1st half, it was all about UNC on the glass. It was pretty obvious who Dickie V wanted to win the game as well.

It pays to be an academically challenging hard working school like North Carolina with loads of integrity. The world loves North Carolina and the $$$$.

Roy is doing a remarkable job avoiding bursting into bloody tears.....

Remarkable, I say.....

This loss really Hurt him.....

My Joy is impossible to express.....

:cool:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! "Whimper, whimper, whimper....... my players suck....... sob, sob, sob, my 98 year old grandmaaaa could have made those shots from six inches away from the basket. That number five guy played so poorly I shoud just give him an Iowa uniform."

I am not sure why Roy-Boy would be upset. E$ecPN spent a solid two hours + declaring, in front of a national audience, that he is innocent of any wrong doing in the paper class scandal at UNC. I pretty much think Roy-Boy won, last night. I'm just glad I didn't have to listen to that b.s. and watch Iowa lose.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! "Whimper, whimper, whimper....... my players suck....... sob, sob, sob, my 98 year old grandmaaaa could have made those shots from six inches away from the basket. That number five guy played so poorly I shoud just give him an Iowa uniform."

Thank you, BigD.....

:rolleyes:

I listened to some of the pregame interview Roy did with Dolph.

I came away from both those interviews liking Roy Williams a little more. I suppose that's easier to do when were getting the best of him, rather than him taking our best players out of state.
....yeah, that puke has been cheating for 20 years and using the results of that cheating to take the best players from OUR state away from us. F*** HIM!

It pays to be an academically challenging hard working school like North Carolina with loads of integrity. The world loves North Carolina and the $$$$.
Get educated on the 20 year academic fraud to keep athletes eligible scam, UNC-Cheat has been running. That ship has sailed. No integrity. No academic superiority. No honesty and no morals. If you are white and a UNC legacy, you're pretty much guaranteed an A- average.

To clarify, I didn't say he was disrespectful or anything, just that his post-game (which nearly always includes a coach's requisite banter affirming the opponent) was not complimentary. Aside from academic improprieties, he was also didn't show a ton of class. I said it was not his best night, inclusive of his interview. He looked something awful, too.

Interesting that some posters here decided to pick that comment apart and ignore that I said I generally hold Roy in high regard. :confused:

And rightfully so. Good thing we don't have a coach that does that.

Latest posts