Ross Pierschbacher

So Ross got picked up in the 5th round by the Washington Redskins. Maybe if he went to Iowa he might have went in the 1st or second round?

Wow. Had no idea he would go that far down. Thanks for the post. Still hope he sticks and does well.

Hmmmm...

James Daniel's leaves 1 year early and gets drafted in the 2nd round. RP ends up in the 5th round. Both picks puzzle me. Still don't know why Daniels went so high. But hey it must be the "Iowa" effect.

He got a national title and a lot smaller contract than he would have had at Iowa. The national title is pretty cool. What's the difference in pay between 1st round, 2nd round and fifth round OL contracts? Money well spent? Nope.

Yeah he got all that SEC hype and glamour @ 'bama but now's the time to get paid son. That natty won't pay the bills now. He'll never have to buy a beer in Tuscaloosa and could probably have his pick of jobs selling cars or insurance. La dee da.

Yeah he got all that SEC hype and glamour @ 'bama but now's the time to get paid son. That natty won't pay the bills now. He'll never have to buy a beer in Tuscaloosa and could probably have his pick of jobs selling cars or insurance. La dee da.

Lol in 3 years from now 75% of the fans in Tuscaloosa won't even remember him. They have way too many greats to remember.

Who cares for the hate. Do well young man. Some salty ass mo fo’s In here. He’s from Iowa like us, should always wish that well.

Alabama has a pretty damn good track record in developing talent, too (at all positions). It is possible that he could have developed into a better prospect at Iowa, but far from a certainty. And it's not like he went undrafted, he got his mid-round shot just like Nelson and Hooker.

How about Washington? Middle of the OL anchored by some good ol' Iowa-born maulers.

More coming soon:

There is some serious irony here. I certainly congratulate him on being drafted and if anyone thinks we were better off without him...well...they are crazy.

It's something I guess you don't think too much about...will I be overshadowed if I go to an Alabama. I don't think that was in the equation when this decision was made. He also would have been a tackle at Iowa...not center and guard.

I'm sure the memories he has of playing in the CFB playoff every year may offset the interesting draft position. I really thought he would have gone much higher. I'm telling you right now...I think Jackson and Wirfs both go higher than 5th.

He was an Iowa kid who didn't bleed black and gold, or, dare I say, McDonald's colors. I'm not sure you can fault him for his decision to go to a national title contender and play for a hall of fame, legendary dickhead of a coach in Nick Saban.

Alabama has a pretty damn good track record in developing talent, too (at all positions). It is possible that he could have developed into a better prospect at Iowa, but far from a certainty. And it's not like he went undrafted, he got his mid-round shot just like Nelson and Hooker.

How about Washington? Middle of the OL anchored by some good ol' Iowa-born maulers.

More coming soon:

There is a difference between developing talent and recruiting it. I think Alabama recruits it. I also think the Iowa staff spends more time on developing individual skills at the expense of team concept. This helps players on draft day. I don't think there is any doubt RP would have developed the skills to succeed in the NFL better at Iowa. I also think there is no doubt he would have been our left tackle at Iowa. He traded being a higher draft pick for getting national titles handed to him.

Who cares for the hate. Do well young man. Some salty ass mo fo’s In here. He’s from Iowa like us, should always wish that well.

Speculation about alternative paths and possible results are not "hate". It is a fair conversation to ponder if a career at Iowa would have been more beneficial for draft position.

He made a huge mistake, if he had stayed he would have been drafted in the first round as an offensive tackle. The difference in the money is huge. The University of Iowa is the best at developing offensive linemen for professional football.

Latest posts