Ron Aiken

What in the history of the KF era makes you think that?

Exactly - the next DC will be at Iowa until either A) KF is fired, retires, etc. or B) the DC retires or takes another job elsewhere.

I don't recall KF ever removing a coordinator or assistant coach.

I thought, I just read they changed the date to the 18th now. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

the posting comes down the 11th, it is not when they announce the hiring. they will more than likely start the interviews once KF gets back from San Antonio after the coaches gathering

Last edited:
i just heard from a very unreliable source that they would have already named Parker DC but he can't pass the moped license test

Let me summarize:

Phil Parker has been very involved in our defense the last 12 years.
Iowa's defense has been the rock around which the success of the last 12 years has been built upon.
Therefore, Phil Parker would not be a good choice to replace Norm?

As Jon's exhaustive analysis recently highlighted, it is the Iowa offense that has been the true determinant of success or failure for Iowa football over the last 12 years,generally. Now,this year,we all know the defense was down. And next year,it does not look very promising. So, are we expecting an outsider to come in and save the day next year?

I am fine with Phil Parker,or Tom Bradley....I trust KF. The gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments that will inevitably follow the decision will be good for at least a couple of weeks of angst in the offseason. Enjoy.

Let me summarize:

Phil Parker has been very involved in our defense the last 12 years.
Iowa's defense has been the rock around which the success of the last 12 years has been built upon.
Therefore, Phil Parker would not be a good choice to replace Norm?

How well did Iowa's defense do in 2010 when Norm was out of action?

That's why many are not excited about Phil. Plus, this program needs some new blood.

That's why many are not excited about Phil. Plus, this program needs some new blood.

That was more due to injury to the linebacking corp, not the coaching. Also, special teams was again an issue in about every loss. I'm not blaming that on PP

right now it is about a 1 in 4 chance with a possibility of it being somebody not being talked about
and i personally would be very happy with Bradley , even though i am in the Stoops camp
Bradley bring what i want as does Stoops a outsider with new recruiting connections
with Phil Parker we get what we already have same ol same ol, nothing new is gained

right now it is about a 1 in 4 chance with a possibility of it being somebody not being talked about
and i personally would be very happy with Bradley , even though i am in the Stoops camp
Bradley bring what i want as does Stoops a outsider with new recruiting connections
with Phil Parker we get what we already have same ol same ol, nothing new is gained

Stoops is no longer an option. So better change camps. I'd be ok with Bradley even though quite a few people don't want to touch him due to his ties to PSU.

Iowa was down it's DC, and 2 guys had to pick up the slack and do their jobs and his in 2010. Even though they had that added pressure to do two jobs, Iowa was still 25th in the nation in scoring D.

I think you will find Parker will do an excellent job with the DC job when that is his sole duty.

Or the fact that he knew it was a one and done year.

He was not the DC - he was the Acting Co-DC. Big difference there to me.

And if they hire Parker, they'll still be bringing in outside blood, as they'll either need a new DB coach or they'll have a vacancy for another coaching position.

Latest posts