Ron Aiken

Larry Johnson the DL coach for PSU was retained by the new HC. i see no reason to not take Bradley as there could have been a conflict between the new HC and Bradley since he was the interim HC.
Stoops has "NOT" been hired by Oklahome at this time
Bradley
Parker
Stoops
are the 3 being tossed around on other hawkeye sites

Thought someone posted a link saying otherwise the other day. Granted I didn't actually click the link.

went to the Oklahoma board they are not announcing the hire and the few poster that responded to the post you refer to as BS and are taking a wait and see, as nobody off the current staff has left or been fired to make room for M Stoops

And if you compare the two D's, Norm's and bradley's, lots of similarities. Good defensive lines, athletic tackling machines for LB's. Bradley could be the one to keep UI's D stout for years to come.

This is why I think it would be a great hire, very similar to what parker ran, maybe just a bit more blitzing sprinkled in.

If it is phil, life will go on as it has the past 10 years, some good some bad and a great one sprinkled in. It's IOWA football. That's how it works. I think the same would be true with Bradley as well.

I was holding out hope for Aiken...it's gotta be Phil Parker...wow...not excited.

And I am honestly not sure how I feel about Bradley...Obviously he isn't Sandusky...but as Bobby Bowden said, if any of them knew, they all knew...

If it wasn't for the scandal this would be a great hire....but that scandal and the fact that he was on the staff leaves a sour taste for sure.

Last edited:
As more time passes, I'm feeling less frustrated by the idea of Parker being promoted. Several people who are associated with the team seem to think he's a good choice. He's probably earned the chance. I'd love to see Bradley simply because it would infuse new ideas and energy into the team.

Man this is really a mystery at this point. I think KF wants to bring in a very established defensive mind, whether it be as coordinator, assoc head coach or whatever. I have a hard time thinking P Parker is the DC, you would have thought that it would be leaked by now through recruits or whatever.

Mercy I had hoped if Iowa was hiring a first time DC he would have NFL experience at least. Won't matter who it is if he don't help the team win more games he won't be here long

My "pal"(AD department) thought that if Phil was promoted that he would not be the sole DC. He is a great, great position coach.

Latest posts