Rodney Coe

I'm a Twitter twit, what do things like #Ithinkso and #seeyaiowa mean? Is that something Cole typed or what is that? I know it says "I think so" and "see ya Iowa" but why the # and no spaces?

I am not sure what to think of this. Sometimes when you have your heart set on something (being a RB), it's just like losing a girl of a long time. It takes awhile to get over it and move on and in the meantime you might say alot of dumb things. The next 6 months will say alot about him. If he stays where he is and makes the switch his coaches are asking of him and tries to embrace it, then I think it blows over like any dissappointment should for a D1 player. If thats the case, we could have another Marvin type player. If not, well to many kids make those choices and the sucess record for them is not very impressive.

He was a very good prospect out of high school and wanted to be a running back, I would rather have any of our d-line guys who just signed and will be in Iowa's strength program and coached by our staff for a year than a juco guy trying to change positions.

Rodney Coe @COEsoCOLD27
@That1Guyy07 guess it's just time for me to hit some mofos my brotha, running the rock days are over #justwannamakethatcash

From that tweet, it appears he realizes he's not a RB anymore.

In that case....Word to his mother. forshizzle

I am not sure what to think of this. Sometimes when you have your heart set on something (being a RB), it's just like losing a girl of a long time. It takes awhile to get over it and move on and in the meantime you might say alot of dumb things. The next 6 months will say alot about him. If he stays where he is and makes the switch his coaches are asking of him and tries to embrace it, then I think it blows over like any dissappointment should for a D1 player. If thats the case, we could have another Marvin type player. If not, well to many kids make those choices and the sucess record for them is not very impressive.

I think Rodney is finally realizing he is not going to be a running back anymore. He might be the last to realize this, but whatever.

Based on what he tweeted, I think he might have heard some constructive criticisms from the staff. My GUESS would be conditioning.

I just don't expect him to play for Iowa, and really never did after he didn't make it in.

the kind of weight he is putting on at a Juco setting is not the kind of weight you want, would be my guess.

yawn. (i guess).

if he's got what it takes to start for an NFL team, again, I'll take two.

No, I see what you're saying, but to use him as an example is a little harsh. He has made it to the pinnacle of his profession. I don't think John Clay is going to have much of a NFL career, he might be an example of a guy that carries too much weight.

I think Rodney is finally realizing he is not going to be a running back anymore. He might be the last to realize this, but whatever.

Based on what he tweeted, I think he might have heard some constructive criticisms from the staff. My GUESS would be conditioning.

I just don't expect him to play for Iowa, and really never did after he didn't make it in.

the kind of weight he is putting on at a Juco setting is not the kind of weight you want, would be my guess.

Agree. Even if you are the last to hear your wife is messing around, it's still hard to hear. Grown men have freaked out and said all sorts of things at times like that. It's how fast you get over those things and what you do from then on.
I dont know what was said to him about weight or moving to D. I am just saying he could still make it if he embraces it. Those types of people seem to work out well. We will see what he does now. He can embrace and work his arse off, or... well, not. We just don't know. Anybody know the coaches over there? Inside scoop?

No, I see what you're saying, but to use him as an example is a little harsh. He has made it to the pinnacle of his profession. I don't think John Clay is going to have much of a NFL career, he might be an example of a guy that carries too much weight.

point being these guys seemed to all do ok in college. or am i making a reach statement by saying that as well?

we are talking about college, right? my point being if a big guy can make it to the NFL (fill in your own name if jacobs doesn't cut it) then they must have been 'good enough' in college to make it...

Latest posts