Robert Gallery

Stick to whichever NFL team you've followed for the past 72 years and leave The Patriots out of your vocabulary pls. No room on the N.E. bus for a creep like you.

LOL @ some of teh comments. Lots of Rob Ryna comparisons...

robert-gallery-pic1-e1332184748716.jpg

If I didn't know any better I would say that was Andre' the giant. It is irritating when people say he is a bust. He has started ever since being drafted that doe not=bust. Name me another NFL player who is labled a bust that has started ever since day one. His career may be a dissaopintment to us, but he seems to be fat and happy and still in the NFL. This may be his last go around or this may be where he starts dominating we will see.

I believe Gallery is one of the reasons Bulaga and Reiff fell farther than most thought. However, if Gallery had gone mid 20s he wouldn't be considered a bust, would've gone to a good team and maybe had more success. Maybe he moves to RT, I don't know. I think it is a bit of a blessing for Bulaga and Reiff honestly.

If I didn't know any better I would say that was Andre' the giant. It is irritating when people say he is a bust. He has started ever since being drafted that doe not=bust. Name me another NFL player who is labled a bust that has started ever since day one. His career may be a dissaopintment to us, but he seems to be fat and happy and still in the NFL. This may be his last go around or this may be where he starts dominating we will see.

I like Gallery, he's a Hawkeye legend without a doubt. He was a great story when he went into the NFL, but at the end of the day most fans are going to agree that he's a bust and rightfully so. If you want to set the bar at being a perennial starter as the determining factor for bust or not that's your prerogative, but in the minds of most fans when you're drafted #1 or #2 you're expected to at minimum make a Pro Bowl, and that alone is frankly too low of a standard.

Yes, the term ''bust'' is thrown around way too casually by some media and fans.
Bears first round picks in recent years: Curtis Enis,Rashamm Salaam,Cade McNown,David Terrell....ect. The mere fact that Gallery is still earning a paycheck in the league ten years after being drafted is evidence he was a solid pick.

Most of the comments are from butthurt Raider fans who are projecting their sorry front office management over the last decade onto Robert.

They had/have a delusional owner that didn't seem to make much sense the way he ran things. As a Hawkeye fan I'm glad to see Gallery move on to a different team. I don't think you could call him a bust. It not his fault he was drafted so high. Coming from the mean streets of Masonville what else are kids suppose to do?

13 of the Top 21 picks from that draft have made the Pro Bowl.

Relative to his draft position and the impact of others picked near him, he definitely has underperformed.

I like Gallery, he's a Hawkeye legend without a doubt. He was a great story when he went into the NFL, but at the end of the day most fans are going to agree that he's a bust and rightfully so. If you want to set the bar at being a perennial starter as the determining factor for bust or not that's your prerogative, but in the minds of most fans when you're drafted #1 or #2 you're expected to at minimum make a Pro Bowl, and that alone is frankly too low of a standard.

This. One time pro bowl alternate at guard = Bust for #2 drafted LT.

This. One time pro bowl alternate at guard = Bust for #2 drafted LT.

actually the entire Raiders organization was a bust for most of the 2000's mainly because of their owner. You can't expect consistency from players when you are firing coaches every year. New coach = different philosophy = not knowing players strengths and weaknesses = not knowing what you think your needs are during the draft = re-evaluating players and hoping you drafted needs = wrong more often then not = bad season = being fired.. Gallery on any other team would have fared far better then he did under that organization.

Gallery's had a solid but injury riddled NFL career...but he is nowhere near a "bust". Has he underperformed in terms of his draft position? Without a doubt! You expect and/or hope for a HoF'er at number 2...but a 10 year starter isn't a bust. A bust goes top 10 and never sees the field and is out of the league in 3 years...they don't start for a decade +...

Gallery's had a solid but injury riddled NFL career...but he is nowhere near a "bust". Has he underperformed in terms of his draft position? Without a doubt! You expect and/or hope for a HoF'er at number 2...but a 10 year starter isn't a bust. A bust goes top 10 and never sees the field and is out of the league in 3 years...they don't start for a decade +...

Naw...he's a bust.

He's a bust. Joe Thomas plays on a Browns' team that has been equally inept and is a perennial Pro-Bowler and one of the best in the league.

You practically defined bust and acknowledged it in one sentence.

Latest posts