Rivals Top 150 List 2012 released today

sportstalent

Adam Woodbury comes in at No. 99 and now has 4* behind his name.
Mike Gesell comes in at No. 127, still a 3* prospect.

Others that list having Iowa as an interest school or an offer:
Danuel House-SF/PF, No. 49
Jelon Hornbeak-SG, No. 63
Javontae Hawkins-SG, No. 92
Kenny Gaines-SG No. 95
Prince Ibeh-C No. 103
All the above are listed as 4* prospects
Deonte Hawkins-PF No. 137
Kale Abrahamson-SG No. 147
These two are 3* prospects

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals150 for the class of 2012

That is a bit concerning....but I guess I will withhold judgement but man...Fran must know something we don't know regarding MG. Because he is putting a lot on him.

High school PG recruiting has been brutal for a long time at Iowa. Haven't brought in a good one in a decade.

Last edited:
That's just top 150. Maybe prospect 151 is a PG that Iowa is in on. There will be a PG in the next class. Hope it is Gesell, but who knows.

Horner is the exception. All time leader in assists and 3point makes.

Horner marked the start of our poor recruiting. He was the last good one (Yes, it's really been almost a decade since Horner first played for the Hawks).

Horner marked the start of our poor recruiting. He was the last good one (Yes, it's really been almost a decade since Horner first played for the Hawks).

This. Horners freshman year was 2002-2003. It has almost been 10 years since Iowa recruited an all conference type PG.

Interesting that Wesley Staten is absent from the list. I would say he is a backup plan for both in-state BCS schools.

In a normal year Niang would have been huge but at this time he would have been a redundant recruit as we have other positions that need attention first.

I'll try once again.

Niang, an unranked three star forward with limited athleticism, would have been a huge get, a total coup, it would have proved Iowa and Fran could compete for recruits with the blue blood elites, we could have been final four bound, Niang would have been a completely justifiable reason to run to cyclonefanatic and crow about this awesome prospect Iowa just landed, Niang is big time boyz.

I'll try once again.

Niang, an unranked three star forward with limited athleticism, would have been a huge get, a total coup, it would have proved Iowa and Fran could compete for recruits with the blue blood elites, we could have been final four bound, Niang would have been a completely justifiable reason to run to cyclonefanatic and crow about this awesome prospect Iowa just landed, Niang is big time boyz.

I'm not getting the correlation?

I'll try once again.

Niang was a (one of) top priority for Fran McCaffrey. This is proven by the fact that he was offered at this stage. I realize he may not have the stars and rankings of some other guys but it generally means a lot when you have some solid BCS schools offering you as a junior. I still would be surprised if Niang isn't a top 150 player by the time the rankings are done over the summer. He has been too good against the best competition in the country to not get noticed.

Latest posts