Rivals free board says KF has an in-home...

Several quotes from Seantral's father suggested he (dad) was unhappy with the sudden changes in some programs recruiting his son and that he was looking for more stability. Dad seemed to have a genuine concern. If that's the case, I think we have a better than average chance of getting him to commit.

Has anybody here looked on the CJ Fed A.A.A. post-game interview? If not, look at the 2nd posted Youtube clip. It's on the recruiting page. CJ said Seantrel told him he's coming to Iowa and the reporter stated that Seantrel told him he is 'honestly interested in coming to Iowa.'

I think Iowa lands the #1 recruit in the nation!!!

I little dinner, a little wine, maybe some dancing. They walk home, and Kirk gives Seantrel his jacket. Back to his place, they have a night cap, and stay up talking until 2am. Seantrel knows he has to get up early, but he doesn't want to spoil the moment. They fall asleep in each others night, and when they wake up, they know this is something special, because they never knew they could feel that kind of intimacy. Breaking all of the rules, Kirk calls Seantrel the next day. Seantrel doesn't care that he has been hurt before, he is willing to take a chance on this guy.

visit with Seantrel tonight (Tuesday) . Predictions?

I'm going to Las Vegas the week of Feb 3rd (the day that Seantrel declares). I'm going to see if there is a Sports book on who he picks.
Maybe put down $50 on IOWA. :) I've been pretty fortunate at the RIO's sports betting Book. They may not let me wager there any longer. :eek:

Has anybody here looked on the CJ Fed A.A.A. post-game interview? If not, look at the 2nd posted Youtube clip. It's on the recruiting page. CJ said Seantrel told him he's coming to Iowa and the reporter stated that Seantrel told him he is 'honestly interested in coming to Iowa.'

I think Iowa lands the #1 recruit in the nation!!!

Southernhawk............I really, really like the way you think, my man! :)

I little dinner, a little wine, maybe some dancing. They walk home, and Kirk gives Seantrel his jacket. Back to his place, they have a night cap, and stay up talking until 2am. Seantrel knows he has to get up early, but he doesn't want to spoil the moment. They fall asleep in each others night, and when they wake up, they know this is something special, because they never knew they could feel that kind of intimacy. Breaking all of the rules, Kirk calls Seantrel the next day. Seantrel doesn't care that he has been hurt before, he is willing to take a chance on this guy.

A future in romance novels, perhaps?

I hope this works out but I'm not going to get my hopes to high until I see names on dotted lines. Pretty much have to be with kids are flip flopping these days. I'm really hoping they go with this early signing period thing soon. At the same time if we had the early signing period in previous years we could have missed out on AY, Jovon Johnson possibly Reiff and I know their are some guys that have slipped my mind.

funny stuff, Ghost! I have a much better feeling about this than I did a month ago. I think KF will land this kid, especially if his dad wants someone genuine. They don't make 'em any more genuine than KF!!!!

Followed closely by the dreaded death penalty.

Last edited:
I am not going to get too optimistic either but I think iowa has a shot. Not just a remote shot either. Ferentz is real impressive in settings like that, likely more so for the parents. Taking into account the instability of the profession and that ferentz is as much a sure bet as there is these days plus his track re ord of making OL's millions of dollars, I think the hawks are sitting pretty decent

As long as KF brings a 6-pack of ice cold FRESCA, all will be well.

I don't think KF would have an in home tonight if Iowa did not have a decent shot of landing this kid. KF will not sell it like this, but this kid may have a shot of playing in the Rose Bowl or better as early as next season!!!

Nope. Won't work. and KF knows it. More like this:

The phone rings minutes before Kirk's scheduled arrival. Seantreal answers the phone, nervous, anxious, maybe its his future coach. "Hello"? Seantreal says in a soft, shaky voice.

"Seantreal, its Kirk. Look I know we talked about getting together tonight or somethin'. Here's the thing. My boys just called - they're gonna be shootin some stick down the street at Minnesota Fats Pool Hall and Arcade. I'm gonna head down there. Hey, maybe I'll see you around sometime huh?"

And with that the phone went dialtone. Seantreal stood there, staring at the phone. So many feelings rushing through him. Despondent, Seantreal sat down. Trying to figure out what happened. What went wrong? What had he done to be rejected like that?

Two hours later he's looking through his phone book. Longing to be part of something big, something bigger than himself. Longing to become more than he's ever been, he looks through the names in the book: Jim, Bob, Brian, something called Lane. Its no use though. He knows there is no substitute for what he could have with Kirk.

He would do anything now for just the chance to talk to Kirk again. To explain that he will do anything he asks. To explain that there are no other options, that its Kirk or nobody because he can't live with himself knowing that Kirk is out there providing what he wants to someone else. But fearing he will never have that chance, a tear rolls down his cheek.

At that moment, a knock on the door. Seantreal sprints to the door and throws it open. Its Kirk.

"Hey. Hows bout we get somethin to eat?"

Last edited:

Latest posts