Rip Iowa Football

I don't think we should be surprised by this performance today. It is obvious that we have no identity. We couldn't even decide on a QB for the game! This team is in total disarray. KF has no clue how to fix it. I still believe he has been lost since Norm retired. I just don't think his heart is in it anymore.

Yes, it certainly has been in decline. But , I can't remember an Iowa team so devoid of physical talent since before Hayden resurrected the program.

I just don't think his heart is in it anymore.

What does "heart" have to do with a never ending flow of one stupid move after another? For example - continually running wide a slow azz crackah FB?

Kirtliter has wrung every ounce of life from this program, the fanbase, and it's players. But at least he got paid a bonus for this game.

Let's face it! We don't have the talent on this team to win. We have no business in a bowl game. We are getting our tail-ends kicked today and until we get some talent on the field we will never win no matter how talented the coach is. Today it an embarrassment!

St%C3%B6wer_Titanic.jpg

This is a program without an identity.

They want to be power running team but they can control the LOS consistently on either side of the ball and don't have a Power 5 level RB on their roster.
They want to have a horizontal passing game but their WRs have LB speed.
They want to play bend but don't break defense but can't tackle.

I don't think we should be surprised by this performance today. It is obvious that we have no identity. We couldn't even decide on a QB for the game! This team is in total disarray. KF has no clue how to fix it. I still believe he has been lost since Norm retired. I just don't think his heart is in it anymore.

I agree. I think KF has checked out.

It's going to take 5 years to get back to Minnesota's level. That's a dark place...yes football death.

Kills me to face it, but all Iowa athletics are now irrelevant on a national level now with the exception of wrestling. Mens or womens side. There's not a team Iowa fields against an opposing top 15 team that they are favored to win, again save wrestling. This will continue to be so as long as we retain both the president and athletic director imo. Mason's more content watching CSPAN2's booktv and drinking merlot than being bothered with a football or basketball game. And Barta's main quest (since he doesn't have to worry about Sally) is where to book his next golf vacation. If the U of I wants an atmosphere conducive to winning on the playing field, it starts there. Until this is dealt with, nothing will change...coaches or results included.

I really believe the gm has passed Ferentz up. If they dont look at making a change now they never will.

I don't see how a coach who has been in the game as long as KF could have that team as unprepared to play as they were today, unless he has absolutely given up on winning and having a good program. Didn't take Rod Gilmore 10 plays to figure out that where the running back lines up dictates where the ball is going, which Kirk and company seemed oblivious to even after a month to prepare. Iowa looked completely taken by surprise by Tennessee's strength and looked like the weaker, softer team.

Latest posts