Riley Till Put on Scholarship for Next Season

So what do you do to not "accept mediocrity"? I'm guessing nothing which means you also accept it. Unless you think being negative on a message board means you are doing something to change things, then I guess you are doing something. I accept what the program is because I dont have the money or the time to do anything impactful enough to strip my "accept mediocrity" status.

I sure as hell don’t defend it like you always do.

He's not going to be a great player for us. He got the scholarship because he is slightly better than a walk on player and we have 3 extra scholarships right now with a 0% chance of finding 3 good players this late in the game. People act like this is a situation where Fran decided giving a scholarship to Till was a better option than finding a good scholarship player somewhere and signing him, when it's obvious to most that Fran decided giving a scholarship to Till is a better option then throwing it away. I honestly wish they would give 2 other walk ons a one year scholarship if they can't find anyone else. Banking them to save money means nothing to me.

Let’s be honest here we all know Fran is trying to copy Kirk and make the basketball program a developmental program to mask his poor recruiting skills.

Walk on players are part of every good basketball program. It's a good thing when players pass on D2 scholarship offers to walk on at Iowa, the better they are then the better they can provide a challenge during practices and scrimmages. If one develops into being a role player like Till or Baer then it's gravy.

I find it funny that the NN posters on here still find a way to spin it against Fran and Barta. smh

Well I find it amazing how the fan base has turned into a bunch of participation trophyites.

Is there no championship blood in Hawkeye land anymore? Loser mindset is how Hayden put when he first arrived. I wouldn’t use that strong of terms but I do think there is a spirit and of indifference.

What’s the solution? Well both head coaches need to go and some newer younger blood needs to be brought in. Someone with a hunger for success who was brought up as an assistant in a highly successful program.

Let’s be honest here we all know Fran is trying to copy Kirk and make the basketball program a developmental program to mask his poor recruiting skills.

Iowa started 3 - 4 stars at the same time last season. 2 of them from out of state. He had 4 straight seasons of All B1G 1st team performers. His players show up on All B1G teams consistently. He aint masking shit. It's not great, but it's far from poor.

Well I find it amazing how the fan base has turned into a bunch of participation trophyites.

Is there no championship blood in Hawkeye land anymore? Loser mindset is how Hayden put when he first arrived. I wouldn’t use that strong of terms but I do think there is a spirit and of indifference.

What’s the solution? Well both head coaches need to go and some newer younger blood needs to be brought in. Someone with a hunger for success who was brought up as an assistant in a highly successful program.

The real loser mindset is thinking Iowa is losing when it's actually winning - in both sports.

When is the last time either team won a championship in either major sport? It's been a long time and if that's your expectations then you are rooting for the wrong team. I want to see the Hawks win, it's why I'm here, championships would be nice but I'm also a realist and understand who I'm rooting for.

BTW, if this fanbase is really a "bunch of participation trophyites" WHO GIVES A FLYING F*CK???? I can fan how I want too at the end of the day it doesn't change anything that happens on a basketball court or a football field. You may think you're all that because you've got these high and mighty "championship" expectations but at the end of the day you are no better of a fan than I am or anyone else on here.

So you and that other NN that responded to me can KMA!

Come on BigD, you really need to figure out that fans aren't part of the team. How they do doesn't reflect on me one bit. I'm too concerned with trying to excel at the things I'm involved in to spend time making sure the team I root for (that I'm actually no part of) wins more. I hope they win more. But hope is all I have time for.

Congrats to Riley, but am a bit surprised since he hardly even played last year. But, we have lost three players and Fran failed to get any transfers.

Iowa started 3 - 4 stars at the same time last season. 2 of them from out of state. He had 4 straight seasons of All B1G 1st team performers. His players show up on All B1G teams consistently. He aint masking shit. It's not great, but it's far from poor.

Don't confuse him with the facts. He may have a coronary.

Come on BigD, you really need to figure out that fans aren't part of the team. How they do doesn't reflect on me one bit. I'm too concerned with trying to excel at the things I'm involved in to spend time making sure the team I root for (that I'm actually no part of) wins more. I hope they win more. But hope is all I have time for.

Just knowing how we used to own Wisconsin and Northwestern for so many years and now we seem to be in equal footing as a program with them, it just a bitter pill to swallow in football.

In basketball I thought we would be ok with Cook leaving but lo lose one of our best guards on a team already challenged in that position was not encouraging. Both programs seem to have slipped into a lull of not being real bad but also not being real good. There are concerns going into next year with both programs which in the past can sometimes lead to u expected good years.

Someone mentioned that Iowa has a history of not competing for a championship. I guess on the national level that is true, but is it too much to not be able to compete against a Wisconsin program for at least get to play in a Big Ten championship game. Why has that seemed to have slipped away from us other than in 2015? Seriously Wisconsin? Now Northwestern? Just hard to accept.

Just knowing how we used to own Wisconsin and Northwestern for so many years and now we seem to be in equal footing as a program with them, it just a bitter pill to swallow in football.

In basketball I thought we would be ok with Cook leaving but lo lose one of our best guards on a team already challenged in that position was not encouraging. Both programs seem to have slipped into a lull of not being real bad but also not being real good. There are concerns going into next year with both programs which in the past can sometimes lead to u expected good years.

Someone mentioned that Iowa has a history of not competing for a championship. I guess on the national level that is true, but is it too much to not be able to compete against a Wisconsin program for at least get to play in a Big Ten championship game. Why has that seemed to have slipped away from us other than in 2015? Seriously Wisconsin? Now Northwestern? Just hard to accept.

Wisconsin is in a brief period in history where they are a really good program. Iowa has had their brief periods too and they will have them again. Neither program has a chance to have anything more than brief periods.

Moss was an ok player. Losing an ok player rarely hurts very much. We have 4 options to be as good or better at the 2 next year. On is Joe T be pretty good and Bohannon moves to the 2. One is CJ be good. One is Connor improves a lot. And one is Patrick is good and Wieskamp moves to the 2. I'd say it's pretty likely that one of those 4 things happens good enough to replace an ok player.

One last thing. Football isn't in a lull. It's on the rise with the best recruiting at iowa in a long time.