Riley Reiff projected Top 20 pick in 2012

This guy is just a flamer; he really knows very little about football by his own admission. The Raiders player he is talking about ended up being a Pro-Bowl alternate at Guard, Eric Steinbach IS a Pro Bowler as has been Marshall Yanda etc, etc……A “footballâ€￾ fan would know these things. He is a typical SEC homer who knows little about football period….

They think because they are “SECâ€￾ fans they know football but the truth is I know more about the SEC than the typical SEC fan….

Chad

He is a clone fan, but claims SEC because he thinks it makes him look cool.

Hmmm, are you predicting a situation where he is seen on a Moped and a certain someone claiming that he'll be starting by midseason?

When you're a 1st rd draft pick, you're riding a Harley or custom made ride. I could have swore I saw him on a Harley in "The Pit's" parking lot. :D

Iowa has a reputation for putting O linemen in the NFL? I remember that husky gal that flamed out for the Raiders a while back, but besides that I can't remember any.

Eric Steinbach
Bruce Nelson
Ben Sobieski
Robert Gallery
Pete McMahon
Mike Elgin
Marshall Yanda
Seth Olsen
Bryan Bulaga
Kyle Calloway
Julian Vandervelde

Those are the linemen who have been drafted under Ferentz. Two are Pro Bowlers (Steinbach and Yanda), another has gotten close (Gallery), and another may be well on his way (Bulaga).

If you don't think Iowa is given a lot of respect from the NFL in the O-Line department, then you really don't pay attention.

Eric Steinbach
Bruce Nelson
Ben Sobieski
Robert Gallery
Pete McMahon
Mike Elgin
Marshall Yanda
Seth Olsen
Bryan Bulaga
Kyle Calloway
Julian Vandervelde

Those are the linemen who have been drafted under Ferentz. Two are Pro Bowlers (Steinbach and Yanda), another has gotten close (Gallery), and another may be well on his way (Bulaga).

If you don't think Iowa is given a lot of respect from the NFL in the O-Line department, then you really don't pay attention.

Honestly, you guys are just adorable when you brag. It's like a 5 year old bragging that they finally learned to tie their shoes. The previous post bragging about being a pro-bowl alternate made me spit water out of my mouth.

I went over every player on your list, and despite the lists unimpressive size for a fanbase that claims they are an O-Line factory (What, 10 in 12 years? LOOK OUT!), I went over each player on that list.

Of those 9 drafted before last week, 4 of them (Elgin, McMahon, Olson, and Calloway) NEVER PLAYED ONE SNAP IN THE NFL! One of them, Nelson, was a second round draft pick who played a whopping 15 games, starting only 1 in his illustrious career.

I can see why the NFL respects your lines so much! LO freaking L!

Honestly, you guys are just adorable when you brag. It's like a 5 year old bragging that they finally learned to tie their shoes. The previous post bragging about being a pro-bowl alternate made me spit water out of my mouth.

I went over every player on your list, and despite the lists unimpressive size for a fanbase that claims they are an O-Line factory (What, 10 in 12 years? LOOK OUT!), I went over each player on that list.

Of those 9 drafted before last week, 4 of them (Elgin, McMahon, Olson, and Calloway) NEVER PLAYED ONE SNAP IN THE NFL! One of them, Nelson, was a second round draft pick who played a whopping 15 games, starting only 1 in his illustrious career.

I can see why the NFL respects your lines so much! LO freaking L!

You are truly a clown, one whose issue really lies with the NFL scouts....they are the ones who call Iowa a 0-line factory, anything else here friend?!

Chad

PS.....here again is dim you are, Iowa is number one in O-line draft picks in the last 7 or 8 years, tied with someone else I don't remember who…so once again you make yourself look stupid. We couldn't do as good a job trying as you do accidentally.

Last edited:
You are truly a clown, one whose issue really lies with the NFL scouts....they are the ones who call Iowa a 0-line factory, anything else here friend?!

Chad

I do have an issue with those NFL scouts, because it appears that 60% of the linemen Iowa sends to the NFL are washouts, and that's not counting Gallery as a washout, because I sincerely believe that Oakland used the 2nd pick in the draft to wait 6 years for him to develop into a pro-bowl alternate.

I do have an issue with those NFL scouts, because it appears that 60% of the linemen Iowa sends to the NFL are washouts, and that's not counting Gallery as a washout, because I sincerely believe that Oakland used the 2nd pick in the draft to wait 6 years for him to develop into a pro-bowl alternate.

Well there you go, take it up with them.....they have now had 11 picks, most of any team....:D

Chad

Interesting. I talked to Coach Wilson last week and he said, for all the talk about Reiff, he thinks Ferentz is the best lineman on the team. Surprised there is zero talk about him given how high the Pouncey brothers went in the last two drafts.

Yeah, too bad Iowa can't be that NFL factory that Florida is right? That is the team that you claim right?
Ahmad Black Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Back
Alex Brown New Orleans Saints Defensive End
Andre Caldwell Cincinnati Bengals Wide Receiver
Cooper Carlisle Oakland Raiders Guard
Riley Cooper Philadelphia Eagles Wide Receiver
Channing Crowder Miami Dolphins Linebacker
Jermaine Cunningham New England Patriots Defensive End
Andra Davis Buffalo Bills Linebacker
Carlos Dunlap Cincinnati Bengals Defensive End
Jabar Gaffney Denver Broncos Wide Receiver
Marcus Gilbert Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Tackle
Earnest Graham Tampa Bay Buccaneers Running Back
Rex Grossman Washington Redskins Quarterback
Joe Haden Cleveland Browns Cornerback
Derrick Harvey Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive End
Percy Harvin Minnesota Vikings Wide Receiver
Aaron Hernandez New England Patriots Tight End
Maurice Hurt Washington Redskins Offensive Guard
Cornelius Ingram Philadelphia Eagles Tight End
Billy Latsko San Diego Chargers Fullback
Bobby McCray Philadelphia Eagles Defensive End
Ray McDonald San Francisco 49ers Defensive Tackle
Drew Miller St. Louis Rams Center
Jeremy Mincey Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive End
Jarvis Moss Oakland Raiders Linebacker
Louis Murphy Oakland Raiders Wide Receiver
Reggie Nelson Cincinnati Bengals Safety
David Nelson Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver
Mike Peterson Atlanta Falcons Linebacker
Maurkice Pouncey Pittsburgh Steelers Center
Mike Pouncey Miami Dolphins Center
Keiwan Ratliff Cincinnati Bengals Cornerback
Lito Sheppard Minnesota Vikings Cornerback
Brandon Siler San Diego Chargers Linebacker
Brandon Spikes New England Patriots Linebacker
Max Starks Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Tackle
Fred Taylor New England Patriots Running Back
Tim Tebow Denver Broncos Quarterback
Marcus Thomas Denver Broncos Defensive End
Phil Trautwein Cleveland Browns Offensive Tackle
Gerard Warren New England Patriots Defensive Tackle
Jason Watkins Buffalo Bills Offensive Tackle
Major Wright Chicago Bears Safety
DeShawn Wynn New Orleans Saints Running Back

44 Players

Pat Angerer Indianapolis Colts Linebacker
Jonathan Babineaux Atlanta Falcons Defensive Tackle
Jason Baker Carolina Panthers Punter
Christian Ballard Minnesota Vikings Defensive Tackle
Ladell Betts New Orleans Saints Running Back
Rob Bruggeman Atlanta Falcons Center
Bryan Bulaga Green Bay Packers Offensive Tackle
Scott Chandler Buffalo Bills Tight End
Dallas Clark Indianapolis Colts Tight End
Adrian Clayborn Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive End
Colin Cole Seattle Seahawks Defensive Tackle
Sean Considine Jacksonville Jaguars Safety
Jared DeVries Detroit Lions Defensive End
A.J. Edds Miami Dolphins Linebacker
Bradley Fletcher St. Louis Rams Cornerback
Robert Gallery Oakland Raiders Guard
Charles Godfrey Carolina Panthers Safety
Shonn Greene New York Jets Running Back
Chad Greenway Minnesota Vikings Linebacker
Abdul Hodge Carolina Panthers Linebacker
Kenny Iwebema Arizona Cardinals Defensive End
Nate Kaeding San Diego Chargers Place kicker
Aaron Kampman Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive End
Mitch King New Orleans Saints Defensive Tackle
Karl Klug Tennessee Titans Defensive Tackle
Matt Kroul New York Jets Defensive Tackle
Bryan Mattison Baltimore Ravens Guard
Tony Moeaki Kansas City Chiefs Tight End
Brandon Myers Oakland Raiders Tight End
Seth Olsen Minnesota Vikings Guard
Marcus Paschal Baltimore Ravens Cornerback
Derreck Robinson Cleveland Browns Defensive Lineman
Matt Roth Cleveland Browns Linebacker
Bob Sanders Indianapolis Colts Safety
Tyler Sash New York Giants Defensive Back
Amari Spievey Detroit Lions Cornerback
Ricky Stanzi Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback
Eric Steinbach Cleveland Browns Guard
Julian Vandervelde Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Guard
Casey Wiegmann Kansas City Chiefs Center
Marshal Yanda Baltimore Ravens Guard
Albert Young Minnesota Vikings Running Back

42 Players.

Now, considering that Florida has almost twice as many draftees since 1999, who do you think has the higher rate of being a washout?

Interesting. I talked to Coach Wilson last week and he said, for all the talk about Reiff, he thinks Ferentz is the best lineman on the team. Surprised there is zero talk about him given how high the Pouncey brothers went in the last two drafts.

This is the main reason that I think this line will be so good this year. Lil' Ferentz is gonna be the catalyst that keeps all the talent around him in line. Is it August yet?

A couple reasons for that (and the Pouncey's)

1. Ferentz is pretty undersized (275, and both Pouncey brothers weigh in at just over 300)
2. Mike Pouncey was a guard last year, and a damn good one. Then he was a damn good center this year. Versatility like that is big.

That's just to explain some of the disparity between the Pouncey's and Ferentz. He might be our best lineman, but he's not the best pro prospect right now (if that makes any sense).

I agree with Jon's assessment that James is better than his brother Brian with that said Maurkice Pouncey is on a whole other level. Not only is he super athletic, he is also very cerebral. He blew away the Steeler organization with his intelligence. Barring injuries he will join Webster & Dawson as Steeler HOF centers. Everything I've read indicates Mike is the same way.

Maybe down the road James is a serviceable NFL center....That's a big maybe, his lack of size is a killer.