Riley Reiff projected Top 20 pick in 2012

He predicts 3 players from North Carolina Defense (DE, 2 OLB)in the first round next year. I don't know a whole lot about them but that seems hard to fathom.

In my opinion.... Reiff is our best prospect at the tackle position since Gallery. I put him ahead of Bulaga in terms of talent and where he will be drafted.

He predicts 3 players from North Carolina Defense (DE, 2 OLB)in the first round next year. I don't know a whole lot about them but that seems hard to fathom.

While UNC has not been the best over the last few years, they have actually done a good job of producing NFL draft picks. In terms of what the ACC does as a whole, they have been a big asset.

That being said, I would doubt that 3 players go in the first round. If that is true, more power to them. If possible, I would love to see them in the Orange Bowl.

Fox Sports doesn't even have him as a top 50 pick. Frankly, I hope he projects as a FA so we can keep him through his senior year.

Their record has been slightly above average lately, but it's not because of their defense. Their offense, particularly their QB play, has held them back. Butch Davis can put together a defense like few others can in the college ranks.

Last edited:
Fox Sports doesn't even have him as a top 50 pick. Frankly, I hope he projects as a FA so we can keep him through his senior year.

Do their rankings include underclassmen?

If they really don't think Reiff is a top-50 player whenever he comes out, I wouldn't put much stock in their rankings. He'll be one of the first 3-4 left tackles taken, which pretty much always puts you in the first round.

UNC had three guys with first round talent this year, although off the field issues kept them back...still do not think it would have shocked anyone if Quinn, Carter and Austin would have all went RD1.

I think RR has some work to do if he is going to be a top 20, let alone top 10 pick.

He has Kirk Cousins as a first round QB. I like Cousins, but he's not a first rounder. But I didn't think Ponder was either this year, so who knows.

In my opinion.... Reiff is our best prospect at the tackle position since Gallery. I put him ahead of Bulaga in terms of talent and where he will be drafted.

I agree and totally blame Bulaga if he does bolt. Had Bulaga stayed healthy, we might not be having this conversation....Damn him.

I agree and totally blame Bulaga if he does bolt. Had Bulaga stayed healthy, we might not be having this conversation....Damn him.

If Reiff has a good year...he is gone and it will be the middle of the first round. I only see him getting better this year and more dominate and adding good weight. He is going to be around 305-310 and he doesn't look anywhere near that big because he moves so well.

With the reputation, and deserved, that Iowa has putting OL in the league and them adapting so well (see Bulaga / see Superbowl Ring)...Riley is a sure 1st Rounder. Think about the year Bulaga had and he still went 20th. He got beat a ton until he got totally healthy. Then he dominated Morgan (as did Reiff) in the Orange Bowl.

Let's enjoy watching him this year. Our only hope is that he doesn't like money or women.

Iowa has a reputation for putting O linemen in the NFL? I remember that husky gal that flamed out for the Raiders a while back, but besides that I can't remember any.

This guy is just a flamer; he really knows very little about football by his own admission. The Raiders player he is talking about ended up being a Pro-Bowl alternate at Guard, Eric Steinbach IS a Pro Bowler as has been Marshall Yanda etc, etc……A “footballâ€￾ fan would know these things. He is a typical SEC homer who knows little about football period….

They think because they are “SECâ€￾ fans they know football but the truth is I know more about the SEC than the typical SEC fan….

Chad