Ricky Stanzi OTA update

Hawkeye27

According to Adam Teicher of The Kansas City star, Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi continued to switch off with the second string offense. According to Teicher's report for today's OTA"The Chiefs continue to rotate between Brady Quinn and Stanzi as the second-team quarterback. Today was Quinn's turn and he was sharper than Stanzi when he eventually received his turn." This is just one report as today's OTA just ended not too long ago. I will continue to try and dig up more stories.

Observations from Chiefs' practice: Baldwin's back - KansasCity.com

This is a joke RS should be starting. Hes not a rookie anymore.

That is what I'm saying. Stanzi just needs a chance to get on the field. After a summer of learning and practice, combined with his ability to win, he will win games for the Chiefs.

hawkeye27, i'm going to assume you don't know outoftownhawk. he's quite possibly the most pessimistic person on this board. if he says something that you think could be positive, its complete sarcasm. best just to ignore anything he says

hawkeye27, i'm going to assume you don't know outoftownhawk. he's quite possibly the most pessimistic person on this board. if he says something that you think could be positive, its complete sarcasm. best just to ignore anything he says

All he needs is a chance to play. who cares he can't separate himself from Brady Quinn in practice, his mullet alone is enough to get him reps with the 1's.

Thanks haha. I've seen him around, just getting to know his antics lol. I am just saying, if Stanzi has a good summer, give him a chance on the field if cassel goes down.

I have never said anything bad about a player....feel free to look if you dont believe me.

LOL....quite true though I sense Brother 27 is combatting it with his own brand of sarcasm….. :cool:

All he needs is a chance to play. who cares he can't separate himself from Brady Quinn in practice, his mullet alone is enough to get him reps with the 1's.
We've had our differences in the past ghost but the mullet comment is spot on.

Stanzi having trouble beating out Quinn, and the Chiefs just signed another QB. But yeah, I'm sure he's still the next Tom Brady, right?

You must have read a different news release than I did. A fifth round QB nearly pulls even with a sixth year backup QB, after two years. Stanzi is actually doing quite well to be where he is right now. I would even dare say a little bit above expectations.

Bringing a fourth QB into camp is largely irrelevant with respect to Stanzi. The Chiefs would be foolish not to bring another QB at the beginning of camp. The chances of injury among the first three QB’s is significant. It says something that the Chief didn’t bring in someone more experienced as insurance.

And I get criticized for saying Stanzi has yet to show he is a prospective NFL starter.

You must have read a different news release than I did. A fifth round QB nearly pulls even with a sixth year backup QB, after two years. Stanzi is actually doing quite well to be where he is right now. I would even dare say a little bit above expectations.

Bringing a fourth QB into camp is largely irrelevant with respect to Stanzi. The Chiefs would be foolish not to bring another QB at the beginning of camp. The chances of injury among the first three QB’s is significant. It says something that the Chief didn’t bring in someone more experienced as insurance.

And I get criticized for saying Stanzi has yet to show he is a prospective NFL starter.

Preach brother, Preach!