Rick Stanzi for Heisman???

He might be in the top 5 if the Hawks can win out and Stanzi puts up some huge numbers the rest of the season.

Not if he's not putting up huge numbers.

Right now, the Heisman race is, as ESPN put it, "Dernard Robinson and everybody else".

Stanzi is playing well, but right now you can't even say he'd do any better than honorable mention all-Big Ten.

In order to be even considered for the Heisman, he's going to have to step his game up considerably, and Iowa can't lose again.

And it's not really so much anything to do with Stanzi. Other QBs in the Big Ten are lighting it up, and the game plans this year haven't really done much to highlight Stanzi's ability.

Rick was BALLIN. Crushed Penn State. I dont see how he is getting so little respect.

I just don't see it. Capt. just won't let Stanzi go off when we have a lead. See Penn State, when we went into prevent offense. I know Stanzi has the tools to be in consideration, but he just won't get enough opportunities to prove he's among the best. We know he's awesome. Some of those deep balls he throws have unbelievable touch. But I just don't see it....

While he may not be in the Heisman conversation right now, he is on the horizon. Whatever the case he is putting up great numbers and is 6th in the country in pass efficiency.

If Iowa goes undefeated through the remainder of the B10 schedule, and Stanzi remains 5th in the country in passer rating (both are huge IFs), he has a chance to be invited to NYC.

Not if he's not putting up huge numbers.

Right now, the Heisman race is, as ESPN put it, "Dernard Robinson and everybody else".

I think ESPN is spot on with that. It is Robinson and then everybody esle. Look at his numbers. They are insane!

1,008 passing yards
7 TD's
1 INT
69.8% completion percentage

905 rushing yards
8 TD's
9.2 yards per carry

I don't care what competition he's played so far. Those are unbelievable numbers!

1 - Obviously a troll posting.
2 - lots of people biting
3 - People it's too early to talk about anyone for Heisman at this point.
4 - Having said that if Iowa doesn't lose the rest of the year, Stanzi will be a finalist.
5 - It's true.

melrose, quit being a moron...we had some good debate on some interesting subjects...this person is not me. get a life i am sorry i apparently mean so much to ya, bro

Couldn't disagree more with number 3.

You think a bunch of stats against largely inferior teams is a good indication of who should win the Heisman?

IMO the only stats that matter are the stats you put up against decent teams.

A lot of the names on the Heisman list will be forgotten by the end of the year and a lot of names not on the Heisman list will be added by the end of the year.

Example...Forcier was expected to have a GREAT shot at winning heisman last year after Michigan started HOT...annnnnnnd we all know how that turned out...look for the same this year...the Michigan D MIGHT be the WORST defense in college football...mark my words...we beat michigan by 2+ touchdowns.

if slingin dick throws for over 300 and 3 tds with no picks every game from here on out and iowa wins every game, yes he will be on the heisman list.

pretty tall order though

Latest posts