Rick Stanzi for Heisman???

You think a bunch of stats against largely inferior teams is a good indication of who should win the Heisman?

IMO the only stats that matter are the stats you put up against decent teams.

A lot of the names on the Heisman list will be forgotten by the end of the year and a lot of names not on the Heisman list will be added by the end of the year.

I didn't say that at all. You said...

"3 - People it's too early to talk about anyone for Heisman at this point."

I'm saying its NOT too early to talk about the Heisman. Whether you like it or not Heisman talk starts in the offseason. You may not win the Heisman in weeks 1-4, but you sure as hell can lose one. If you aren't on the Radar by the time the conference season starts you have no chance.

Stanzi is not the best player on the team let alone best player in the country.

I tend to agree with you. Also, Stanzi is more of a game management QB. Those kind of QB's aren't normally in Heisman discussions. Seriously, Stanzi won't even get Honorable Mention All-American much less the Heisman.

I tend to agree with you. Also, Stanzi is more of a game management QB. Those kind of QB's aren't normally in Heisman discussions. Seriously, Stanzi won't even get Honorable Mention All-American much less the Heisman.

He is on my watchlist for the "Sexist Neckbeard Heisman" though.

melrose, quit being a moron...we had some good debate on some interesting subjects...this person is not me. get a life i am sorry i apparently mean so much to ya, bro

Whatever.

The two of you just sound & write very similar on this message board.

Whatever.

The two of you just sound & write very similar on this message board.
Hey Melrose. People are enjoying this post. Why would you take the time to criticize this thread? You must be verrry lonely!! If everyone was as smart as you, we wouldn't have to post threads. We could just look smuggly into a mirror and think of how much smarter we are than everyone else!! Quit being a @#$$.

Robinson s #'s will still look huge at the end of the year, but not so big that he will win. He will be high on the radars for next year, but the Big 10 D's will slow him down. Mich igan will be 9-3 at best. The Rainbow's Colt Brennen(?), ISU's own Troy Davis, and others llike them through up some serious numbers for their respective years, but did not win do to their teams record. Especially if Mich is 5-3 in conference play! Stanzi could get invited if the Hawks win out, his #'s will have to be pretty good for us to do so. Both of those are big if's.

Oct. 18, 2010

OFFENSE:
Ricky Stanzi, Iowa
SR, QB, Mentor, Ohio/Lake Catholic
Stanzi completed 70.8 percent of his passes with three touchdowns to help lead Iowa to 38 points in a road triumph at Michigan, its highest point total ever against the Wolverines. The senior quarterback completed 17 of 24 passes for 248 yards and led the Hawkeyes offense to touchdowns in each of its five trips into the red zone. After falling behind 7-0 in the first quarter, Stanzi connected on scoring tosses of 14 and 31 yards to wideout Derrell Johnson-Koulianos to help Iowa build a 21-7 halftime lead. The Ohio native added a 19-yard scoring strike to Johnson-Koulianos in the fourth quarter to give the Hawkeyes a 35-14 advantage. After Michigan pulled within 35-28, Stanzi guided Iowa on a 10-play, 49-yard drive for a field goal with 2:53 remaining to secure the 38-28 victory. He is now 23-5 as a starting quarterback and has at least one touchdown pass in each of the last 15 games he has played. Stanzi earns his first career weekly accolade.

He is 5-1, and putting up great numbers! If these numbers continue to increase over the next two weeks, maybe this is not so far-fetched (him being a candidate). Remember that Banks did not start getting mentioned until around November. Ricky's numbers this year:

99 for 145 (68 percent completion percentage), 1474 yards, avg 10 YPA
13 TDs, 2 ints (plus 2 rushing TDs)

I think if we win the next two games and say Ricky throws 5-6 TDs and no more than 1 or 2 ints (I don't think he will throw any!), he will enter the conversation.

Think about it- under these circumstances we will be 7-1 (4-0) and in the driver's seat for the Big Ten title and Ricky will have numbers of 18/19 TDs and 2-4 ints. Those are Heisman candidate numbers, especially the 7-1 record.

Latest posts