Richard Sherman Seattle Seahawks

So he is a Kardashian, now? I guess the Richard Sherman sex tape(video) is on its way. I'm somewhat joking I get what you are saying, but is this the best way to build your "brand" these days? Yes, I would like more than cliches and soundbites during interviews I guess I am old the 'get off the lawn' guy in this thread. I think there is better way to go about it than being soooooo way over-the-top.

I agree with you about there being a better way to go about it. Unfortunately in this day there is an "any press" is good press mentality. On the field he is one of the best corners in the league and is making quite a name for himself. In all honesty, I like the fact that he truly believes he's the best and has no problem stating such.

Do I think he needs to turn it down? Absolutely!!! The fact is though he's got all of America talking about him today. I truly feel that he's a big ego guy that can't get his fix just having all eyes glued to him on the field.
It kind of reminds me of the Dennis Rodman's off the court antics to get attention, with the difference being Rodman started his midway through his career.

I agree with you about there being a better way to go about it. Unfortunately in this day there is an "any press" is good press mentality. On the field he is one of the best corners in the league and is making quite a name for himself. In all honesty, I like the fact that he truly believes he's the best and has no problem stating such.

Do I think he needs to turn it down? Absolutely!!! The fact is though he's got all of America talking about him today. I truly feel that he's a big ego guy that can't get his fix just having all eyes glued to him on the field.
It kind of reminds me of the Dennis Rodman's off the court antics to get attention, with the difference being Rodman started his midway through his career.

Thinking about it the Dennis Rodman comparison is a good one. I was thinking more Kanye West, but i think the Rodman one is a better one.

Thinking about it the Dennis Rodman comparison is a good one. I was thinking more Kanye West, but i think the Rodman one is a better one.

Good initial thought on the Kanye referrence. With him being part Kardashian I tend to try avoiding giving that family zero publicity, let alone a name drop. The difference is Sherman got his recognition for being a good football player. Not for having a huge *** and a sex tape. The whole Kardashian family sickens me.

like esiason says in the video clip - yeah, now everyone is talking about him, and hoping manning and the broncos kick his butt all the way back to seattle via compton. it's a me society, and he no doubt reflects that.

like esiason says in the video clip - yeah, now everyone is talking about him, and hoping manning and the broncos kick his butt all the way back to seattle via compton. it's a me society, and he no doubt reflects that.

The only thing is that it does a great job of taking the media's attention away from Russell Wilson being a second year guy squaring off against Peyton on the biggest stage in sports. Is a sense for Seattle and their fans it might actually be a blessing, as we all know that its already gotten into Sherman's head and had little affect on his play.

The only thing is that it does a great job of taking the media's attention away from Russell Wilson being a second year guy squaring off against Peyton on the biggest stage in sports. Is a sense for Seattle and their fans it might actually be a blessing, as we all know that its already gotten into Sherman's head and had little affect on his play.

I do not know if I buy this. Russell Wilson is 24 going on 34. that dude has more maturity than me and i am nearly twice his age. Roethlisberger crapped his pants his first Super Bowl, but got bailed out by his teammates and the refs. Brady struggled until the very last drive. wilson will be nervous and he may not play well, but it will not be because RS caused a necessary distraction.

I do not know if I buy this. Russell Wilson is 24 going on 34. that dude has more maturity than me and i am nearly twice his age. Roethlisberger crapped his pants his first Super Bowl, but got bailed out by his teammates and the refs. Brady struggled until the very last drive. wilson will be nervous and he may not play well, but it will not be because RS caused a necessary distraction.

Agreed the guy has a maturity level like none I've seen from guys his age. Maturity or not though, two weeks is a long time when it comes to the media circus leading up to the Super Bowl. I just think it gives him time to stay within himself as I don't think he seems like the type that has to be in the spotlight all the time.

in today's media cycle, richard sherman is old news. two weeks is a long, long time, and you know how this super bowl media circus is.

lot of the broncos have 'been there, done that' in regards to the super bowl. from elway, to fox, to manning. love that leadership group heading into a game like this one.

Who has a bigger man crush on a fellow player than Sherman? Made it a point to go over and slap crabtree on the butt RIGHT after making an awesome play. Didn't even miss a beat. I bet he has crabtree on his mind all day long. Strange obsession..

The problem for Sherman is that being brash is the only way to grow his brand. If you're a lockdown corner and they stay completely away, you're out of the game. Look at guys like Revis and Asumgwa (sp). Sure they made a lot of money football wise, but they were not endorsement stars. Deion knew he had to be brash to grow his brand, and Sherman is following his footsteps. Man that dude can ball.

The problem for Sherman is that being brash is the only way to grow his brand. If you're a lockdown corner and they stay completely away, you're out of the game. Look at guys like Revis and Asumgwa (sp). Sure they made a lot of money football wise, but they were not endorsement stars. Deion knew he had to be brash to grow his brand, and Sherman is following his footsteps. Man that dude can ball.

do you think sherman will get a lot of endorsements for being a complete idiot? deion sanders never acted like that, as i recall. multiple examples of sherman being mean and nasty to people - i would think that endorsement contracts would evade that type of person. but what do i know, maybe he already has a ton of endorsements.

I finally got around to watching the infamous Richard Sherman sideline "debacle" - I'm not saying it was completely appropriate, but the way people are reacting you would have thought he name dropped Herman Goering or something.

I'm sure if I was his coach (or parent) I'd like him to tone it down a notch b/c he kind of embarrassed himself, but what you saw was probably a lot more "authentic" (i.e. how NFL corners think/talk smack) than most of the stuff you see ("They're a good team, they played well, we have all sorts of respect for them, Crabtree is one of the best in the league do you think he'd go out with me" etc etc)

do you think sherman will get a lot of endorsements for being a complete idiot? deion sanders never acted like that, as i recall. multiple examples of sherman being mean and nasty to people - i would think that endorsement contracts would evade that type of person. but what do i know, maybe he already has a ton of endorsements.

So, you never saw Deion vs Andre Rison? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0DnziIYr8

Sherman will be on ESPN or some football talk show when all is said and done. Very well spoken and articulate when hes not screaming.

Still have no idea why 49ers throw his way last play of the game, idiotic.

I can't figure out which interview is more entertaining. The one from last night, or this one?
[video=youtube;nun5scYroxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nun5scYroxA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I honestly think Sherman was about to cry. Poor baby

Latest posts