Rhoads

I think the bowl committee should get together and have a game, kansas vs. north texas to decide once and for all who the worst team in D1 football is. I'm dead serious, I'd watch it. It would probably get more viewership than a 6-6 mac team vs. a 6-6 mountain west team.

That's a great idea! It's kinda like the last person in the NFL draft, Mr. Irrelevant. Schedule the game sometime in December leading up to the CFP.

How about The Veer for ISU

500px-Veer_vs_34.PNG

The way to win in the the Big 12 isn't to try to do what the "Big Boys" do, but with lesser talent. You do what Hayden did at Iowa. He knew he couldn't go toe to toe with Mich and OSU in the power run game, so he introduced the forward pass. Chuck Long became one of, if not the only player at the time, to pass for over 10,000 yds in a career and we ended up becoming the third best team in the B1G over Hayden's time. No one in their right mind would have predicted that in 1979.

With ISU, what they need to do is go to a power running game. It doesn't have to be a Navy triple option....but maybe an Alvarez-type offense. They're in the Midwest, so they can certainly get the type of Oline they'd need. And good running backs are a dime a dozen. But that'd at least give them some ball control on offense to limit possession time of the high powered offenses in the Big 12. But if they keep trying to go shotgun, spread, zone read...they're going to keep sucking.

agree on the strong running game, especially in their conference when their defenses are built on defending the pass - i.e. no defense.

I think they have some personnel that can make a difference. I think with the right scheme, they have the potential to compete in their conference. I certainly like our style of play best, so I am a bit biased. Maybe a little smash mouth football is what the folks to the west need. I have a few candidates in mind in and around our program but I don't think the administration over there needs my advice.

I seriously heard a rumor that they are trying to reach Todd Lickliter because he at least knows how to run the clock out.........lmao....... tears. :)

Latest posts