Rhoads

ISU needs either a power run scheme or a gimmick trying to compete with other Big 12 schools with a "basketball on grass" approach is just dumb.

I think the bowl committee should get together and have a game, kansas vs. north texas to decide once and for all who the worst team in D1 football is. I'm dead serious, I'd watch it. It would probably get more viewership than a 6-6 mac team vs. a 6-6 mountain west team.

Honestly... I would watch that too. Morbid curiosity.

Anybody got the current list of unbelievable head coaches that interviewed for ISU job and Pollard passed on? Wasn't it like Art Briles, Brian Kelly, and a few others?

Paul Johnson probably would have taken a phone call.

I think the bowl committee should get together and have a game, kansas vs. north texas to decide once and for all who the worst team in D1 football is. I'm dead serious, I'd watch it. It would probably get more viewership than a 6-6 mac team vs. a 6-6 mountain west team.

I've always loved epic futility. I'm in.

does anybody think they can find any better than what they already have?

Yes.

Unfortunately, some folks on here (along with many other Iowa fans) are just haters that don't ever want to see ISU succeed. Shame on them. Me personally, I'm proud to be an Iowa resident so I root for ISU, UNI, or any other Iowa program as long as their opponent isn't the University of Iowa.

I actually really liked Paul Rhoads's enthusiasm, but they'll be better off without him. The fact is that ISU only finished with a winning record once during Paul's tenure (2009). What occurred yesterday against KSU (should've kneeled with 1:31 to go and ran the clock out) and last week against Oklahoma State (gave up a three score lead) was the last straw. ISU should be in the hunt for a bowl game this year, but aren't and that falls on the head coach. Jamie Pollard was really stupid for running Thunder Dan out of town; plain and simple.

I don't think they'll have a hard time finding someone. There's always an assistant coach somewhere that is looking for their first head coaching job, and Iowa State did just finish remodeling Jack Trice Stadium.

Can't laffy too loud....Iowa went through four coaches in 17 years in the 60s and 70s....then savior Hayden came-a-callin.

The Brainerd Loon is already reporting the Minnesota State staff has been contacted and reportedly are showing interest.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
The Brainerd Loon is already reporting the Minnesota State staff has been contacted and reportedly are showing interest.

That'd be a good start. Right name too...although they do look a little (a lot) young....probably been awhile since they coached too, so may be a tad rusty (and/or deceased).

Who cares about this....we need to worry about our own back yard which was worse than ISU's just 1 bowl ago.

Latest posts