Rhoads is oversignimg

HAHA clown17 has been banned.

images

But he was a solid poster according to his own words...

They have to oversign because they always have several that never seem to make it to campus.

Huh? Off the top of my head (only going back two years without looking anything up) every single recruit has made it to campus and two have left once they have gotten there due to "homesickness".

Homesickness could be anything really, actually homesick, busts, etc.

Huh? Off the top of my head (only going back two years without looking anything up) every single recruit has made it to campus and two have left once they have gotten there due to "homesickness".

Homesickness could be anything really, actually homesick, busts, etc.
The Anthony Young thing sounded fishy. You should check it out.

The Anthony Young thing sounded fishy. You should check it out.

My understanding is that AY was injured and when he was cleared to play, he said he could not go. The staff again made sure that he was cleared medically. AY then asked to be redshirted, and Rhoads agreed to the RS but told AY that he would have to finish his eligibility elsewhere as they did not have a roster spot for him anymore. This is my understanding of what transpired.

Two things, assuming he's doing it:

1) This is unethical.

2) WTF, NCAA? How is screwing student athletes good for them?

I cared about and was fairly well informed on oversigning up until about two years ago, when I mentioned it on this site. Jon told me he "didn't care about oversigning & it didn't affect him or Iowa". Which isn't true but it made me realize that no one outside of the B1G does care about it. Guys like Clay Travis and Paul Finebaum have fought the fight and won the war for the SEC. The war of perception. It ended and the SEC won.

The B1G will not ever "catch" the SEC. That boat sailed and it was the issue of oversigning and the failure of the B1G to either a)force national legislation against it or b)accept it and embrace its practice, that was the catalyst for the SEC gaining the upper hand on talent.

The SEC is playing poker with six cards. The cumulative effect is a MASSIVE difference in talent. MASSIVE. See Bama v Michigan.

The B1G is much much more likely to end up a MAC type league than it is to ever catch the SEC. That battle is over. Delany waved the white flag. The SEC won.

The B1G could fall into an ACC type conference. I forsee OSU climbing back to the top as a national power while the rest of us beat each other up in mediocrity. We'll always get the benefit of voting power to get into the rankings, like Notre Dame, but when we cross paths with "equals" from other conferences the gap will show.

Well, FalseMirage...

You talked about what a bunch of cheaters they are (implied, not your exact words) in the SEC. My comments had relevance to that. Evidently the B10 cheats too.

I apologize if that wasn't clear to you.

Last edited:
Re: Ahh, yes, the Big Ten is above reproach when it comes to scandal and cheating.

Or Iowa for that matter.
When someone implies they are a bunch of cheaters in the SEC and doesn't seem to believe they cheat in the B10, it is helpful to be reminded. My post was relevent in that regard.

I can't help it if you can't follow that reasoning.

The B1G could fall into an ACC type conference. I forsee OSU climbing back to the top as a national power while the rest of us beat each other up in mediocrity. We'll always get the benefit of voting power to get into the rankings, like Notre Dame, but when we cross paths with "equals" from other conferences the gap will show.

This is exactly right. In fact the evidence suggests the B1G is ALREADY at the ACC level.

Re: Well, FalseMirage...

You talked about what a bunch of cheaters they are (implied, not your exact words) in the SEC. My comments had relevance to that. Evidently the B10 cheats too.

I apologize if that wasn't clear to you.

What isn't clear to me is where you got the idea I was addressing anything that you posted or where you think I implied that it is my belief that the Big Ten is above reproach.

awesome
2,726 freakin' clown troll posts was all it took :confused:

how many times you been banned big fella?

As for Rhoads oversigning, well no kidding! It's a joke and I hope the NCAA does something about it. I get tired of teams from the SEC and Big 12 doing things that other conferences dont. Sure they're better conferences but THEY CHEAT! Step up and punish them when they cheat!

I cared about and was fairly well informed on oversigning up until about two years ago, when I mentioned it on this site. Jon told me he "didn't care about oversigning & it didn't affect him or Iowa". Which isn't true but it made me realize that no one outside of the B1G does care about it. Guys like Clay Travis and Paul Finebaum have fought the fight and won the war for the SEC. The war of perception. It ended and the SEC won.

The B1G will not ever "catch" the SEC. That boat sailed and it was the issue of oversigning and the failure of the B1G to either a)force national legislation against it or b)accept it and embrace its practice, that was the catalyst for the SEC gaining the upper hand on talent.

The SEC is playing poker with six cards. The cumulative effect is a MASSIVE difference in talent. MASSIVE. See Bama v Michigan.

The B1G is much much more likely to end up a MAC type league than it is to ever catch the SEC. That battle is over. Delany waved the white flag. The SEC won.

This is correct. The NCAA has shown no desire to reel in the SEC when it comes to oversigning and I'm going to go waaaay out on a limb and guess that the ESPN money train has a lot to do with it...and until the NCAA sacks up and puts a stop to it by making scholarships a 4 year contract instead of a 1 year deal, the Big10 is going to become the BigMAC in comparison...which might get them a nice sponsorship deal from Mickey D's.

Latest posts